Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997 3.8s

Yeah snapped it up at that price.

I've priced up the gundo hack at £320 for him to come to my house and complete all the work. 1.5" pipework.

daz parker said:

I've priced up the gundo hack at £320 for him to come to my house and complete all the work. 1.5" pipework.

that sounds fair for the gundo , worth checking with other as I am sure monster down this way went 1.75 for his gundo said it gave a deeper tone , be worth asking opinions mate. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
daz parker said:

that sounds fair for the gundo , worth checking with other as I am sure monster down this way went 1.75 for his gundo said it gave a deeper tone , be worth asking opinions mate. :thumb:

Paul at pcw exhausts recons that the best size he had found.

daz parker said:
Phil 997 said:
daz parker said:

Paul at pcw exhausts recons that the best size he had found.

Mate I am sure that there are lots of differing opinions , just wanted you to have the info for your consideration. :thumb:

Congratulations on the new car :thumb:

Great buy with a Hartech rebuild you can't go wrong, had my engine rebuilt earlier this year, full Hartech rebuild and the engine is so much sweeter now, enjoy :thumb:

daz parker said:
Cancelled the bmc air filter from euro incase it's wrong.

Daz, go onto the BMC website and find the BMC part number for your car/filter. Use this number as your reference point when searching for the cheapest filter online. Don't rely on stock photos as they don't always align. I always go by stock numbers and I've never been sent the wrong item yet.

I'm assuming this is yours, 2007 997 C2S?

http://www.bmcairfilters.com/eng/car-filters/fb468-20/608/art

toffeeman said:
daz parker said:

Daz, go onto the BMC website and find the BMC part number for your car/filter. Use this number as your reference point when searching for the cheapest filter online. Don't rely on stock photos as they don't always align. I always go by stock numbers and I've never been sent the wrong item yet.

That still shows the filter as a rectangle?

I've not taken the current one out to check the shape or size.

daz parker said:
toffeeman said:
daz parker said:

That still shows the filter as a rectangle?

I've not taken the current one out to check the shape or size.

I think ECP have listed the wrong filter. If you Google their part number (909330071 - link below) it brings you to their eBay listing which is for a FB195/01 filter. Yours should be a FB468/20 according to the BMC website. I'd get one from somewhere else unless you can talk to ECP to confirm the BMC number. It's a pain that the BMC part number is not mentioned on the ECP website.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMC-FB195...734386?hash=item4d63da5372:g:C38AAOSw6AlZxMUS

Yes that's why I cancelled the order as I can't cross reference the part numbers and the guy didn't sound interested anyway!

daz parker said:
Yes that's why I cancelled the order as I can't cross reference the part numbers and the guy didn't sound interested anyway!

Fair enough, with customer service like that they don't deserve your custom.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back