Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RSR Exhaust dB(A)

Darthmjh

I am thinking of doing a track day and am worried about not passing the noise limit restrictions. Brands Hatch has a daytime limit of 105dB(A).

The car has RSR exhausts fitted, which are LOUD.

Anyone have any ideas what dB's these will be pumping out?

Cheers

Mike

Are you 100% that 105db is the daytime limit? I thought it was static 101db.

Static, mine came in at between 99db and 101db totally stock (no RSR). With a welded bypass pipe on the silencers, static it came in at 104 to 105db. These are both tests at Brands Hatch itself.

Sorry neither of those is with the RSR mod but might give you some kind of indication. If you're not too far away, they'll let you come in the morning of a track day you're not part of, just to test your car on their noise equipment for free - just ring up and ask. :thumb:

I've done the RS track day at Oulton Park plenty of times without issue too.

I bought some of these a few years back because I was worried about noise restrictions at the ring.

I took them with me but never used them, no one seemed to care at all about noise levels over there.

http://fdmotorsports.net/fister-993-track-fangs/

You're more than welcome to borrow these if you want to play it safe. I live in Blackheath so not too far from Brands Hatch if you want to swing by and pic them up.

I'd have to go dig them out and try to remember how they attached... let me know if you want and I'll go check.

My is just shy of 100db with 200cell cats and fab speed exhaust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jGquWg1Rlk

Thanks all for the advice.

It's definitely 105dB(A) at Brands during the day and 102dB(A) in the evening.
See http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/faq/

Thanks for the offer cambjones, it much appreciated.

I looked on eBay and can see I can pick up a sound meter for ~£12, so will probably do that.

Cheers

Mike

Mine was 102db with rsr style backboxes and stock cats. Odd blip to 107db with pops n bangs on lift off. You may get away with it depending upon where and how they measure.

if you're worried about the noise, try to get some decibel devils (need to be modified to fit)or similar to bolt on, fabspeed do fangs to.

I made the silly decision of getting mine put back to stock a few months ago in order to pass noise tests with no hassle...but the stock noise is so anemic that I've already crumbled and am booked in on Saturday at Hayward & Scott to get the bypass pipes welded back in, just sound sooooo good!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back