Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Problem with 987 rear lights

Bluecat2015

Just recently bought a 987 Boxster S 2008, on close inspection some of the silvering in the rear light cluster has started to flake off. Has any one else had this problem, as this is something I have never seen before. Bearing mind the cost of replacing these units should/could I be looking to Porsche to cover this???

If you have a Porsche warreenty then its certainly worth getting them to have a look as it may well be covered .

If you dont have a warrenty then the dealer could do a good will claim for some of the cost .. but i have a feeling it will be rejected due to the age .

In my experience with other cars, that silver stuff flaking off is terminal. Nothing to do be done with it, its very delicate stuff indeed.

Source a secondhand assembly from somewhere if needs be.

I have a set that I am considering selling. Please PM me if interested.

Thanks, James

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back