Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tiptronic transmission explained in simple terms.

Loved? As in......don't have it anymore? :eek:

How did I miss that? Serves me right for going on holiday! :damn:

Anyone who actually uses their porsche as their car and experiences the daily drive traffic jams or the endless motorway hold ups trickling along and stop starting with a heavy clutch or indeed anyone who has a weakness in their ankle or knee who doesn't think a tiptronic is a sound idea is a die hard clutch ludite. F1 cars launched faster when left to a machine remember. My wife can launch my 996 off the line as fast as me. Its easy and very very fast and you don't need to be trying hard.
I have been driving predominantly autos for thirty years and have suffered remarkably few mechanical issues with them. Ironically my 996 is currently laid up with a gearbox ECU problem.
Friends and family have had way more issues with linkages and clutches on their manual cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back