Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 resonator mod......New product.

Daz, Tony. yes that's the one both good prices :thumb: :thumb:

I've yet to add the BCM filter to my induction mod as Phil recommends .

Thanks Phil, ordered a BMC filter today, due to arrive tomorrow!

Thanks Kev, spoke to Mark @ Time Motorsport today and reserved an induction kit... should be an early Xmas present :thumb:

TonyC911 said:

Thanks Kev, spoke to Mark @ Time Motorsport today and reserved an induction kit... should be an early Xmas present :thumb:

Excellent, pleased your sorted Tony :thumb:

What are the competition charging for the same pipe?

Also didn't I read this be done by putting a cap inside the standard tube.

daz parker said:

Design911 offer the pipework, cap, etc & BMC filter for £178.55 (inc Vat and delivery)

Samco kit + eBay BMC filter should come in at £139.04 (inc Vat and delivery), however you will need to wait approx 4 weeks for the Samco kit.

A small detail, but I wanted a black pipe and cap, as I think the blue Design911 pipe and chrome cap looks a bit MaxPower (one for the oldies!) :D

TonyC911 said:

Good call Tony, look forward to hearing your thoughts :thumb:

TonyC911 said:
daz parker said:

Design911 offer the pipework, cap, etc & BMC filter for £178.55 (inc Vat and delivery)

Samco kit + eBay BMC filter should come in at £139.04 (inc Vat and delivery), however you will need to wait approx 4 weeks for the Samco kit.

A small detail, but I wanted a black pipe and cap, as I think the blue Design911 pipe and chrome cap looks a bit MaxPower (one for the oldies!) :D

Yes I wasn't adding the vat to design911 prices.

daz parker said:

There are guys out there Daz that want to block the resonator while keeping the OE look they effectively bung the res hole then put the OE induction back over it . but the only gain from that is the slight induction note increase , they wont be benefiting from the incresed note from using a sports filter and improved cold air induction from using both the sports filter and the smooth pipe as the OE pipe due to its shape creates turbulent air which doesnt move as smoothly and quickly as smooth flowing air . the idea is to get as much cold air in as quick as you can . note the tiny little things porsche do to reduce output on the carraras to stop them being to close to the flagship models .
little things I have noted are
rearward facing air intake grille , gt3 has forward facing bigger openings creating more ram air
single air intake into the air filter , funny changed on the gen2 to a twin and the bhp is higher
dense paper air filters
smaller plenum and throttle body than gt cars and also the gen2 again more bhp
So that tells me that improvements can be made in those areas
then they put a restricted map on the car
and not an ideal high flow exhaust all those little things add up and we can tweak some or all those things to see real gains against the stock car. :thumb: :thumb: :grin:

Some will argue that those gains are negligible or not at all but my argument is always in that case why did Porsche change those areas on cars that produce higher bhp if they dont make a difference.

also on my old gen 1 I changed all those things aero/gt3 rear engine lid and wing
induction kit, sports filter , gt3 throttle body and plenum , remap, and a high flow big bore sports exhaust with 200cell cats. and it most certainly made a considerable difference over the stock car. I am not saying everyone should go that far as everyone wants different things from there 911 but my point it these things do work some giving higher results than other but at a price . I think the induction mod is the best value for money mod you can do and have always said its the first thing every 996 and 997 owner should do. :thumb:

Thefinn said:
You can get the BMC filter at Euro car parts at the moment for £52 if you use the mid month code on the site, hurry up.

good spot mate :grin: :thumb: but no bmc for the gen2 on offer :sad:

Thefinn said:
You can get the BMC filter at Euro car parts at the moment for £52 if you use the mid month code on the site, hurry up.

Top work Finn!!!!!

Paid £51.83 inc post.

Thanks a lot £22 saved over cheapest eBay one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back