Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

porsche museum-stuttgart

brownspeed

'm in Stuttgart on business next week.
How long do I need to allow for a good look around the museum?
I also noticed that factory tours were on offer. anyone done this? how much does it cost? is it worth doing? how long to allow for it?

I may need to rush through some meetings :lol:

Just visited a couple of weeks back. Probably need around 2.5 hours for a reasonably relaxed walk around. Think the factory tours are pretty well booked up a couple of months in advance - I tried to book on one two weeks before we went and was told they were all full (even tried to get onto a non-English speaking group but nothing available) I think the factory tours are free if you have paid for the museum, but might be wrong on that.

FYI we also did the Mercedes museum when we were there - I personally thought it was better as a museum - more about general development/ automotive history and how this tied in with the general historical context. Some cracking cars/trucks as well even though I'm not into the newer Mercs at all.

Hope you have a good visit.

Allow an extra half hour at the museum for the coffee and cake :thumb:

I was there just over a week ago, and like moorhouse said you will need 2.5-3 hours to do it justice. It's a decent museum....the building itself is pretty impressive!
It's worth allowing enough time to get a bite to eat....decent Bratwurst and not pricey either.
The factory tours are only mid-week, and usually need a decent advanced booking.👍🏻

The factory tour is the best thing. Takes a couple of hours.

Museum is like any other. 1-2 hours max. Been to better e.g. Mercedes down the road.

Why not book a car for a joyride while your there. I had a brand new 991 4 GTS for 3 hours.

Lunch or dinner in the restaurant is awesome.

Need to book factory tour and restaurant. Weekdays are quieter.

I believe entrance is free if you show a PCGB membership card :thumb:

You have to book the factory our in advance and I don't think it runs every day, investigate before you go.

To echo the above, the Merc museum is superb (as is the BMW museum in Munich). The Merc museum is very different from Porsche, the former is huge and all embracing, the Porsche museum is more intimate, you really can get up to the cars and have a good look.

If you can get onto an english speaking guided tour of the museum then do so - it's really good and the guides are exceptionally knowledgable.

Just a reminder the museum is not open Mondays and from the website is also closed on the 24th and 25th for "inventory" so if it's next week you are there you will have to go at the end of the week.
Yes, food in café is good and surprisingly good value - options named after cars - not sure why they chose one of the most stodgy dishes as the "911er" option though. Had to have it even though!
Have a good trip

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back