Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Performance Driver 'Track' Day

Hi to all those attending this Saturday and a question for CATDT.

What if anything do we want to do in prep for the day?
Obviously empty all the crap out that lives in the car for day to day use (umbrella's wife's spare shoes etc) and turn up with a full tank of fuel.

Tyre Pressures standard or a few psi higher?
Oil level Full or just under full to allow some room to breath?

Anything else we should be prepping/considering?

Just read the documentation you sent over - I suspect I should have read it before posting - seems to answer all my questions!

Ref askgeez and co about meeting - I am in Bishop's Stortford near to Much Hadham which puts me in the wrong place to meet up so am prob best to meet you for bacon sarnies at Millbrook!

Looking forward to it
David

(Just gotta find my driving licence now)

Hi all
Can't wait until tomorrow!

Kozzi, do you still want to meet? If so what time and where is good for you?

James :D

in bed by 9pm.... sober....ready for the early start

looking forward to it

:thumbs:

Fantastic Day, great to meet like minded drivers and a great selection of Porsches

Jo, Colin and Paul at CAT Driver Training were superb today. Learnt so much and have some real pointers to improve my driving. . . . both from a safety view point and to gain more performance from my car.

Colin Hoad was my instructor and he knows his stuff for sure, top bloke and years of knowledge

These Porsches really are in a different league. I cannot put into words what they can do, and of course we could not have experienced what we did on the public highways

I offer my 1000% thanks and gratitude for such an informative and fun day

Hope you all got home safely

Regards . Faried

Echoing Faried's comments - great day - excellent company both from all the people present from CAT driver training and 911uk

Congratulations to James for driver of the day, to Gary for most consistent timed laps and Faried for fastest ultimate timed lap.

It's really very impressive what you can do with one of the cars when you have the combination of great instruction and a decent amount of runoff area!

Whilst Millbrook allows you to rewrite the rules about what you can do with a car in terms of outright speed what I think it really teaches is respect - for the cars, the speed, the instruction and your own skill level.

Great day guys - glad to have shared it with you all.

David

Great to read such glowing reviews. I'm there tomorrow and really looking forward to it - more so now! :D :D :D

Afternoon Gents

Lovely to read the comments from Faried & David - thank you for all of your enthusiasm & interest in developing your knowledge & technique. It was great to meet you all & I know both Colin & Paul enjoyed their day with you.

Due to the weather conditions we changed the end of day competition from Gymkhana to the Consistency Challenge. Congratulations to Gary for not only winning but also taking top spot on the leaderboard :thumbs: Your fellow 911uk member Jon will be sad to know he's been knocked off his Consistency Perch :D

Congrats also to James for being the Driver of the Day :thumb:

Thank you again and if you'd like to take part in the group Cornering Masterclass in 2018, group Drifting & Over Grip Limit Handling or enjoy a 1-2-1 half or full day continuation course this or next year, let me know.

KR
Jo

Not only was i impressed by the facilities, the welcome and the immense knowledge Milbrook and CAT had to offer, but I was most impressed on how open they were to teaching me to my own level and Colin's knowledge on how to drive a 911 in particular. Backing a car into a corner never occured to me but now it makes sense with my turbo. Tailered training by a professional.
The skid pan and the braking tests really showed me how my car has so much in terms of safety measure before untapped by me.
This is the best MOD for you Porsche, allowing you to explore its capabilites in great safety and enormous knowledge
Jo, the food was great!!!!

Gary, love that GT2 man; consistency pays on track :worship:

kozzi

Firstly, hope the breaks are going to be sorted soon !!!

Agreed, a superb mod that you can appy to your Porsche and other cars, very professional and knowledgable at CAT. Buck for buck this is a top MOD that you can apply

I enjoyed the day immencely

Yes Gary's GT2 was a wonderful sight. I still cant fathom how a white car looked cleaner than my black car

It was also very interesting hearing orther guys Porker journies, experience and ideas for the future.

James - looking forward to the RPM works and KW vs. Olins decision soon to be made!!! make sure you open a thread??? Lovin the ducktail thoughts too

My front splitter, or at least what was left of it has been removed and replacement ordered - yes i must remember not to drive too fast for the road and my capability LOL!. Colins words, "brake hard, harder, harder, we are not going to make it" will ring in my ears for a while. BUT my driving skills DID avoid the pole as i spun out, driver skill that there me olde lad???

Hi Faried, will Probably just got some 29 pagids. Your instructor said you car is too fast!! Gotta love that mate :thumbs:
Well done James on the best driver award and Faried on fastest lap
Next time I will use my chrono - don't know why I didn't think of it

Gary isn't on the forum , and isn't a big drinker ... So I reckon I'll be enjoying the fizz :grin:

He is still buzzing from the day..(as I am!)

Paul drove the GT2 over the alpine route , and by all accounts, even only at 50% , Gary was hanging onto the door handles

Paul : "jeez... That's a piece of kit ...". Which coming from someone that has done thousands of laps of Millbrook is some testament :thumbs:

Dont hesitate... just book up CATD

Firstly to all the guys a big thanks for playing a part in a brilliant day. It was great to see such awesome 911s all with their own abilities being pushed harder - serious metal and such great blokes to chat and laugh with

As for CAT and the training you receive - absolutely first class :thumb: I had an idea of what I wanted from the day but was not prepared for the huge amount of parts needed to get me to trust the car and my abilities. From the moment Colin intros the day you are learning - it's when it all comes together and it finally clicks... I could not stop smiling on the way home - I want to do a lot more of this

Paul, Colin , Jo massive thank you - see you all soon no doubt :worship:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back