Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Scotland NC500 Road Trip and More

infrasilver said:

I'm sure I've parked in a lay-by similar to that one.

Durness..
North North Scotland..

Awesome pics guys. Only saw one Lamborghini on our travels. Durness had a great hot chocolate at Cocoa Mountain... needed more sugar though
:wink:

Junky, that seems like a eclectic mix of cars. How did the turbo compare, guessing the caterham was great on the singletrack?

Cheers,

Paul

Leon1davies said:
Looks like a great trip mate, planning to do it myself sometime next year so will have to catch up on it over a burger and a beer next time your down this way

Definitely Leon, will let you know when I'm next down your way.

Ta,

Paul :thumb:

That looks like a great trip - and an area I've always wanted to go to.

So, a week off booked for September... any suggestions for where to stay and eat? We are planning a Monday to Friday trip round the area, using the weekends to travel to and from.

We're heading up that was at the end of the month. The original plan was the NC500 route but the hotels / B&Bs that were reasonably well rated were all booked. So my wife has sorted some alternate hotels in slightly different areas. Hope it's all as beautiful as your photos!

Wav said:
Awesome pics guys. Only saw one Lamborghini on our travels. Durness had a great hot chocolate at Cocoa Mountain... needed more sugar though
:wink:

Junky, that seems like a eclectic mix of cars. How did the turbo compare, guessing the caterham was great on the singletrack?

Cheers,

Paul

The Turbo done just fine.. Always up the Caterhams 'chuff'.. Even 'he' was a tad surprised.. Standard suspension on mine and I was with him,all the way 98% of the time.. He's a bloody good driver tho.. :D

We saw a group of those 'Hire A Car For A Day' chaps which we let thru on 1 of those single track roads that included a white 991 S,a green McClaren MP4 12C, a red Ferrari 458, a white R8 Convertible and an orange Lambourghini Huracan.. I would post the video,but doing that on this site is lonnngg..

toobusy said:
That looks like a great trip - and an area I've always wanted to go to.

So, a week off booked for September... any suggestions for where to stay and eat? We are planning a Monday to Friday trip round the area, using the weekends to travel to and from.

Westlea House B&B in Ullapool was really nice, great attention to detail and decor. Other places were just ok, but not a lot of choice in some places and the prices reflect this. Rented an amazing apartment in Fort Augustus for a few days, actually in the old fort, but technically this is not on the NC500 route :thumb:

Midweek should be a good shout in my opinion, nice and quiet.

Paul

Thanks Wav. I need to get booking something and doing some planning. We have a week away in Nothummbria next week so hopefully will have some time to look at it.

Wav, that is a beautiful car and the best 991 ever in my opinion. I know because I ordered it new and was the first owner!

I just bought a 996 C4S in an attempt to recreate the fun I had with yours.

Ill dig out a picture of it when I had it.

G

Thanks for the pic Gordon. What year was the picture taken? Is great to hear from the original owner. I've sent a reply to your PM.

Many thanks for speccing such a wonderful car :thumb:

Paul

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back