Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New exhaust fitted to my Turbo

ragpicker said:
Two boxes which developed problems out of the hundreds which get dynod isnt that many is it?

And how can you confirm that the dyno was the only cause?

:?:
How do you know hundreds get dyno? Call Charlie at http://www.surreyrollingroad.co.uk/ - he has state of art 4WD but will not dyno them - not a new dyno place etc, but someone who actually knows about these cars and has been in the Porsche world for many years.

One of those two boxes happened with 100 miles, the other within 900 miles. Both felt different after being dyno'd.

996ttalot said:
ragpicker said:
Two boxes which developed problems out of the hundreds which get dynod isnt that many is it?

How do you know hundreds get dyno? Call Charlie at http://www.surreyrollingroad.co.uk/ - he has state of art 4WD but will not dyno them - not a new dyno place etc, but someone who actually knows about these cars and has been in the Porsche world for many years.

One of those two boxes happened with 100 miles, the other within 900 miles. Both felt different after being dyno'd.

'Felt' meaning? :?:

Were these then verified as faults? And if so what were the faults sourced to and how were they resolved? And how was that attributable to the rolling road?

Appreciate that sounds pedantic but I think they're actually fair questions to ask for what is a pretty big claim in a largely viewed forum :thumbs:

996ttalot said:
ragpicker said:

How do you know hundreds don't?

As N997B says, i'm not sure 'felt' is evidence of anything?

As a tip owner myself I would like to know what the issue is as I will undoubtedly be going for further tuning in the future. :thumb:

You don't have to take my advice and I am not the only one who will say the same in the porsche industry. But I think I have more than enough experience of Turbo tiptronic boxes since we were the first to push the boundaries and do upgrades on them in the UK. If you disconnect the front driveshafts then you can mitigate the risk to an extent.

In both cases the cars had no issues beforehand and both required new clutch packs afterwards. They felt different to the owners because they both started to have problems with shifting afterwards within a few hundred miles.

Why tune on a dyno when you can tune better in real world conditions on the road ( at Brunters for example ) where you have no cooling or air flow issues together with different gradients that you cannot simulate on a dyno. Dynos are good for a baseline but that is where it ends.

Ken

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back