Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 resonator mod......New product.

KJD

For those considering the 997.1 resonator mod I wanted to let you know about a new complete kit that has just come to the market.

Over the summer Samco developed a kit that allows blanking off the resonator valve so it's effectively always closed and a replacement quality silicone inlet hose with clips. You simply remove your old Y inlet hose fit the blanking piece and fit the replacement silicone hose.

With this done you get the induction noise further down the rev range. I'm not suggesting any performance advantage in my view it's just a nicer sound .

At the moment the hose is only available to order through Time Motorsport http://www.time-motorsport.com/home as they did all the development work and work closely with Samco..
If anyone is interested in a kit contact them and discuss your requirements.

The hose is available in a range of colours from the standard range or other colours with a small surcharge.
At present they don't have any shelf stock as they are made to order with a lead time of 4 weeks.
My black hose is a standard colour and the full kit inc VAT is £57 plus £8.95 delivery .

It's a great mod and easy to revert back to OEM if you wanted to.

I have no connection to Samco or Time Motorsport and nothing to gain.
I'm just letting you know that this kit is available.

Thats a great price and being Samco be great quality :thumbs:

BHZ661 said:
Thats a great price and being Samco be great quality :thumbs:

I have seen the one on Kev's car and it is very good quality the hose is reinforced and thicker , well worth the money for that quality product. just waiting for them to do something similar for the gen2 and I will be first in the queue as there is no other alternative out there for the gen2 other that changing totally the induction and airbox. :thumb: :thumb:

Samco hoses are all backed up with a lifetime guarantee so no worries on quality :thumb:

Good stuff!! But just my 2p worth. As most of Gen1 drivers who carries out mild mods etc have most likely done the resonator mod like years back. To be honest I think Samco came in late with this. Can't imagine they gonna make a killing now. They probably spent more on R&D and tooling then they will make back (in jest) .......everyone I know has carried out this mod and like it... And as for older drivers. They won't be interested in doing this as they drive their car as it came and left as stock!

J

-- 997 -- said:
Good stuff!! But just my 2p worth. As most of Gen1 drivers who carries out mild mods etc have most likely done the resonator mod like years back. To be honest I think Samco came in late with this. Can't imagine they gonna make a killing now. They probably spent more on R&D and tooling then they will make back (in jest) .......everyone I know has carried out this mod and like it... And as for older drivers. They won't be interested in doing this as they drive their car as it came and left as stock!

J

J I think that as these cars drop into the low mid 20k price band they fall into the hands of a different type of owner who is more likely to mod so there will be a flow of cars that are totally stock coming to the market and into the hands of guys who will want this mod. I agree many have already done it but there are lots of cars out there not done, it surprises me how many but I guess if your not the type to go on forums etc you may well not have heard about how good it is for very little money . :thumb: personally I am hoping that this is Samco intro into Porsche and they will be doing a kit for the gen2 as currently there is no one making a gen 2 kit :thumb:

Samco are aware that they are never going to sell huge volumes of these hoses but were still enthusiastic to get involved.
So far they have had enquiries from the States and Australia so they are happy and who knows where this takes them with the Porsche brand.

I must admit that I am really interested in this mod.

My car is under OPC warranty, so I would need to be able to swap it back to stock easily, with no evidence of the change and whenever it needed to go back to the garage for repair / servicing, so possibly several times. I am unclear on the steps to swap over.

Do you think this would all be feasible, or would I likely break something?

I think that's a great price! There are others out there charging a lot more and Samco is a great quality product!

:thumb:

TonyC911 said:
I must admit that I am really interested in this mod.

My car is under OPC warranty, so I would need to be able to swap it back to stock easily, with no evidence of the change and whenever it needed to go back to the garage for repair / servicing, so possibly several times. I am unclear on the steps to swap over.

Do you think this would all be feasible, or would I likely break something?

Tony it really is very simple to swap over, it will take you longer to find a flat bladed screwdriver.
3 jubilee clips to undo and swap over the pipes.

Tony as Kev said its a 10 min job even with a BMC sport filter fitted , just remove the top of the airbox swap the bmc for the stock paper air filter and remove the hose via two jubilee clips remove the resonator cap re fit the stock pipe tighten jubilee clips job done. tools needed 1 screwdriver and a cup of coffee :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Tony as Kev said its a 10 min job even with a BMC sport filter fitted , just remove the top of the airbox swap the bmc for the stock paper air filter and remove the hose via two jubilee clips remove the resonator cap re fit the stock pipe tighten jubilee clips job done. tools needed 1 screwdriver and a cup of coffee :grin: :thumb:

Damn yes Phil is right I forgot the coffee bit :grin:

KJD said:
Phil 997 said:

Thanks guys, I will very likely give this a go! :D

Phil - now you got me thinking about buying a performance air filter as well! :wack:

TonyC911 said:
KJD said:
Phil 997 said:

Thanks guys, I will very likely give this a go! :D

Phil - now you got me thinking about buying a performance air filter as well! :wack:

Tony go for a BMC sports filter it really enhances this mod as more cold air into the engine helps it breath better and adds a bit of omph. the car will lose that slightly stiffled note the engine had like its not breathing properly . :thumb: :thumb: I bet you come back saying its the best £120 ish quid you ever spent on the car :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back