Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 964 owner. Lots of questions...

Best of luck with your project. I've not seen many 964s in that colour. Keep the pics coming !

RichardKS said:
alex yates said:
Awesome mate, just awesome. I'll keep a look out! :thumb:

Gonna be a while before she's fighting fit.

Car was left to me and my wife in a friend's will. He described it in his will as his "beloved 911". Thus, not only have we inherited a 911, but also a sense of responsibility to do right by him and the car.

She runs and drives but has a few issues to be dealt with. New discs and pads have been ordered, as has oil - Millers is on its way so thanks for the advice given.

Stunning car. You're a lucky man to have the responsibility.

Let me know if you ever consider selling. I'd cherish cherish 964 C2 that.

Good luck and enjoy.

A quick update: two heavy boxes of brake discs and pads arrived yesterday and today, my wife tells me, the engine oil has arrived.

We've been busy with the machine polisher - which may seem a bit arse-about-face but other factors dictated the order of action. I'm happy to report that most of the slate grey paint has cleaned up rather nicely. There was a lot of damage from bird poo which had sat on the paint for a long time but we've reduced the appearance of most of the damage by a large margin.

Meanwhile my friend and partner in crime - Colin - has been busy tracking down wierd and wonderful suppliers of trim and body-seals that the car needs and also investigating online remedies for one or two electrical gremlins the car has.

Curiously, although she's never expressed much love for our 997, my wife has started talking about the 964 in quite reverant terms: "retaining its character", "using it as intended" and "enjoying the car" are all phrases that she's mumbled over the last week. I think she may just be falling for the little 911...

I showed my gf the other night. She doesn't have much time for my 996, but when I showed her this, her words were "Now that's a 911! I love those headlights"

:grin:

alex yates said:
I showed my gf the other night. She doesn't have much time for my 996, but when I showed her this, her words were "Now that's a 911! I love those headlights"

:grin:

When are you popping up for a brew and a look?

Great car & welcome to aircooled life. If you haven't already try Meguiars ultimate wax, really makes slate grey pop.

Quick update:

Machine polishing is now finished and I'm happy with how she's looking.
New discs and pads have gone on all round - the old discs were very rusty and just not worth trying to save.
The rear lights and central reflector panel had sufferred badly - we found a nice pair of used rear lights in Wales and a reflector in Yorkshire, so they've gone on and improved the look of the car considerably.

The plan is to get the car up on a ramp as soon as possible to have a good poke around underneath, get the engine and transmission oil changed etc.

Oh, I've cleaned all the glass too. I don't think that little job had been done in many years!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back