Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport Plug and Play PASM upgrade

lol I read the last three posts and thought dam how much more is the accel thingy then I went Phew mines a gen2 :grin: :grin: :thumb: So now its just working out what organ to sell so I can afford it :floor: Has anyone asked Ken if there is a forum group buy option within his margin . :?: :grin: especially as the pound is strengthening against the dollar gradually if we could get them in under a grand it would be even more tempting.

Phil 997 said:
lol I read the last three posts and thought dam how much more is the accel thingy then I went Phew mines a gen2 :grin: :grin: :thumb: So now its just working out what organ to sell so I can afford it :floor: Has anyone asked Ken if there is a forum group buy option within his margin . :?: :grin: especially as the pound is strengthening against the dollar gradually if we could get them in under a grand it would be even more tempting.

Got mine for a grand all-in (inc. shipping) by going direct to Tom Chan at TPC Racing ... he's a good guy, very helpful :thumb:

DeathStar said:
Phil 997 said:

Got mine for a grand all-in (inc. shipping) by going direct to Tom Chan at TPC Racing ... he's a good guy, very helpful :thumb:

That's worth knowing thanks :thumb: :thumb:

DeathStar said:
toffeeman said:
It's odd to find a modification that receives such universal praise from so many quarters. It must be some piece of kit. Might have to add it to my shopping list for when I get my 997.2 C2S.

Is the suspension on the 997.2 C2S largely the same as the previous generation 997.1 C2S?

I believe you'll need to buy the 3-axis accelerometer too (the 997 turbos have them built in from the factory whereas the 997 C2S don't)

It's the 997.1 GT3 that needs the 3-axis accelerometer, so you were not too far off :thumbs:

New997buyer said:
DeathStar said:
toffeeman said:
It's odd to find a modification that receives such universal praise from so many quarters. It must be some piece of kit. Might have to add it to my shopping list for when I get my 997.2 C2S.

Is the suspension on the 997.2 C2S largely the same as the previous generation 997.1 C2S?

I believe you'll need to buy the 3-axis accelerometer too (the 997 turbos have them built in from the factory whereas the 997 C2S don't)

It's the 997.1 GT3 that needs the 3-axis accelerometer, so you were not too far off :thumbs:

Err... the gen.1 c2s needs the accelermathingy too.

Jcx said:
New997buyer said:
DeathStar said:
toffeeman said:

All I need to know is that the gen2 4S doesnt need the accelothingy :grin: :grin:

"acceleromithingy"

"accel thingy"

"accelermathingy"

"accelothingy"

:floor: These are all far better names than plain old "accelerometer" ...

The marketing guys missed a trick there :thumbs:

I have an account with MyUS.com which allows you to import stuff from the States if a company doesn't ship worldwide. I was trying to see if one of these units could be imported direct from the US for less than £1,000.

The unit price converts to £895 and budget shipping comes to £24. This gives us a total £919. I assume that 20% import tax will also be applied which will bring the total to £1,102.80. Unfortunately, not much of a saving over the UK price of £1,194.

Ken from 9e offered a 5% discount above, not worth the trouble of importing yourself for the small difference.

rhino-man said:
Ken from 9e offered a 5% discount above, not worth the trouble of importing yourself for the small difference.

problem is you would need about 12% to get it under 1k which Ken might have the margin to do if a group buy was done. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
FredGT3 said:
Errrmmm for the chap above, PDK upgrade not too hard to find.

Look up Cobb

https://www.cobbtuning.com/accessport-tuning-for-porsche-pdk-transmissions/

997 expected now ish

lol You beat me too it Fred , I was just scrolling down to see if anyone had answered Max query about remap for the pdk box :thumb:

Thanks Fred, very much. I hadn't come across that before.

We should take this to another thread to avoid messing up this one.

Jcx said:
New997buyer said:

Yup, fair point, we'll made. All 997.1 models, with the exception of the turbo need the 3-axis accelerometer :thumbs:

I got mine from 9e at a reasonable price and with great service btw. I know others who've got there's direct and are equally happy. Whichever route you go (on a £50-£60k car what's c£100 here or there?) I'd recommend just getting one :thumbs:

Got one of these for my 997.1 Turbo in the last group buy. Great bit of kit and well worth the spend. Makes the car feel much more compliant when pressing on. Also good that it remembers which setting the PASM was in, so doesn't default to the stiffer setting when the Sport button is pressed (A small thing I know, but an incremental improvement on OE). Ken at 9E was great to deal with and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend. :worship:

Pricing.

V1 is £1015+vat at current exchange rate and shipping and import duties
V2 is £1097+vat ----------------"----------------------------------------------
Acc (only required on 997.1 non turbo cars) £244+vat.

Current website pricing at 9e with 5% discount code (including shipping UK address)

V1 - £945+VAT
V2 - £992+VAT
ACC £250+VAT

911uk offer

V1 - £900+VAT
V2 - £950+VAT
ACC £225+VAT

You need to quote your 911uk userid, and send details to [email protected]

Ken

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads