Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TurboS front bumper/splitter combo on a NB

ch3tman

Anyone running with this set up in the UK?
Just spotted a car over on Rennlist which looks pretty cool, if you ignore the aggressive rear camber. I think he's running the Aero Kit side skirts too - which appear to carry the front splitter's lines around well...

1258463d1507269461-fall-photos-of-guards-red-carrera-4-fullsizerender-2.jpg

1258462d1507269461-fall-photos-of-guards-red-carrera-4-fullsizerender.jpg

1258464d1507269461-fall-photos-of-guards-red-carrera-4-fullsizerender-3.jpg

1258470d1507269461-fall-photos-of-guards-red-carrera-4-fullsizerender-9.jpg

A nice change from the norm - apologies Illuminati :).
Thoughts?

ch3tman said:
A nice change from the norm - apologies Illuminati :).
Thoughts?

Don't apologise :hand:

That looks the dog's danglies....except for the wheels...I'd change the wheels :thumb:

Nice looking car and the front splitter does look good but not keen on the side skirts personally.

I've been looking for a NB Front Splitter for some time and the only one I like is the now NLA Cargraphic item.

Here's a pic of one on a forum members car.

C.

Attachments

• 993_black_3_749.jpg
    993_black_3_749.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 7,948
cableguy said:
Nice looking car and the front splitter does look good but not keen on the side skirts personally.

I've been looking for a NB Front Splitter for some time and the only one I like is the now NLA Cargraphic item.
Yep, these side skirts sometimes look a little awkward but I think on this particular car, work well. Maybe due to the front splitter combo.

I also like the Cargraphic one you posted, it's like a 'completed' version (i.e. with centre section!) of the OEM AeroKit splitter below:

688018d1355588088-front-bumper-question-techart-splitter.jpg

Overall I also prefer the NB bumper due to the horizontal slats - reminds me of the 959 :) - but the Guards Red car with the WB bumper just sits so well.

cableguy said:

Here's a pic of one on a forum members car.

C.
Now that's gone and done it, just when I thought I'd finished spending for a while, now I need a front splitter, lower the car, new bbs wheels & wrap it in black

How much is that going to cost me?

As far as I'm aware the gap in the front of the RS/Aerokit splitter was to balance the effect of the rear wing. There is a 3 piece rubber spoiler not often seen which fits a few inches behind the leading edge and is part of the aerokit. Aesthetically the full width splitter does look better. Interestingly on the 944 I fitted a front splitter and it made the car feel much more stable in cross winds but you can feel the rear moving on the 993. The car in OP has a lot of rear neg and looks over tyred unless it's just set up for oval racing. I was at Daytona 24hr a few years ago with a friend in his GT3 RS running loads of rear neg as it was the only way to get to 180mph on the banked section. Result a blow out caused by overheated inner edge which took out the brake line, bet he will just have to change the rear tyres more often.

Attachments

• knockhill_739.jpg
    knockhill_739.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 7,901
  • moo2_2_214.jpg
    moo2_2_214.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 7,901
  • grandam_daytona_24_2003_73_graham_nash_motorsport_porsche_gt3_rs_rob_wilson_mike_newton_ma_187.jpg
    grandam_daytona_24_2003_73_graham_nash_motorsport_porsche_gt3_rs_rob_wilson_mike_newton_ma_187.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 7,701
I tried to learn how to 'Photoshop' wheels onto a car over the festive period... and used this car as an example.
Still need to figure out how to change colours accurately though.

Thought I'd upload the (not perfect, but getting there) results here before I delete the images...

xLiQNbg.jpg

6N3HLHm.png

My targa came to me with a turbo bumper already fitted, when I bought it 5 years ago. Recently had brake duct and fog light combo fitted.

Millomboy said:
My targa came to me with a turbo bumper already fitted, when I bought it 5 years ago. Recently had brake duct and fog light combo fitted.

Do you have a pic?.

Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
Millomboy said:

Do you have a pic?.

Trev

I do Trev, and there were loads on here, before we all got shafted by Photobucket. When I figure out how load photos again, I will post one. FB is so much easier to share images.
Ian

Millomboy said:
Cameltoe & Heel said:
Millomboy said:

Do you have a pic?.

Trev

I do Trev, and there were loads on here, before we all got shafted by Photobucket. When I figure out how load photos again, I will post one. FB is so much easier to share images.
Ian

https://imgbb.com/ is pretty good. Quick to upload, free and no ads

I like the front splitter but if I were to do it I'd go with the whale tail style rear spoiler too...

Attachments

• 37b75f6e_b405_41e4_b9ea_caf989d30918_159.jpeg
    37b75f6e_b405_41e4_b9ea_caf989d30918_159.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6,227
ch3tman said:
^ Ksc - that's not a narrow body, is it? :?
Oops, no sorry it isn't.Its a C2S.
It is the Turbo s front splitter though.
Cheers
Kevin

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back