Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Undertray Query

Darthmjh

Hi,

The engine undertray I have is slightly cracked and have been offered a good second hand one for £130.

Being new to 993's I haven't a clue on prices yet. Is £130 a good price?

Cheers

Mike

If good I'd say fair price.

New they are over £400. Don't ask me how I know.

Hi

I would also say that is a good price also. They do not come up for sale super often either as I remember.

Berni

I'll have to stick mine on the bay not been on the car for years. She does lead a salt free life and has her underwear checked regularly.

I took mine off years ago when I was changing the engine mounts and never bothered to put it back on again.

Do they serve a useful purpose?

I quite like being able to see what's happening under the engine and get easy access when required.

A993LAD said:
I always thought it was for aero purposes; flat underfloor. And yes, is good for keeping oil drips off the garage floor.

I have a 993 turbo engine undertray if anyone is interested.

Doesn't fit a N/A :roll:

stewart rix said:
A993LAD said:
I always thought it was for aero purposes; flat underfloor. And yes, is good for keeping oil drips off the garage floor.

This :thumb:

I've been told not to refit mine as it allows engine to run cooler. I think this might be a matter of debate but it does get pretty warm down there.

Thanks all for the advice, much appreciated. I have bought it.

Mike

mightyvr6 said:
I've been told not to refit mine as it allows engine to run cooler. I think this might be a matter of debate but it does get pretty warm down there.

I'd just say I think Porsche knew what they were doing and overheated 993 engines isn't something I've ever heard of.

The aero argument stacks up for me. Ok it may make minimal difference in normal use, but will be a bit like having a window open.

is there an argument that the undertray may protect engine case and other bits that are down there from any large stones thrown up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back