Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hard to get a test drive

Maybe we have hit inadvertently on the way to get a test drive out of these guys.
When the sales man says" no" to a test drive and" you need to take my word to it that its a good car" or "go and try one at the opc and then come back".

Just say to him .
"When you met your wife did you just take the word of her previous partner that she was a good ride, all in working order and everything you expected" or did you need to find out for yourself before you married her.

Was it acceptable to just go down the road find a girl that looked like her have sex with that girl and accept that if that was ok then your future wife was also going to be ok in bed as she looked similar. :grin: :grin:

Can't see how they could then refuse you a test drive. :floor: :floor: :thumb:

Only you Phil you would see life from this perspective, man you are a legend arise Sir Phillip of the 997 :worship: :worship:

Phil 997 said:
Maybe we have hit inadvertently on the way to get a test drive out of these guys.
When the sales man says" no" to a test drive and" you need to take my word to it that its a good car" or "go and try one at the opc and then come back".

Just say to him .
"When you met your wife did you just take the word of her previous partner that she was a good ride, all in working order and everything you expected" or did you need to find out for yourself before you married her.

Was it acceptable to just go down the road find a girl that looked like her have sex with that girl and accept that if that was ok then your future wife was also going to be ok in bed as she looked similar. :grin: :grin:

Can't see how they could then refuse you a test drive. :floor: :floor: :thumb:
:floor: :floor: :floor: :floor:

I guess it depends on which religion you follow to if your test drive your wife before you marry?

Interesting take on this is, do the paperwork, pay for it over the phone, then if you dont like it reject it and return it based on distance selling regulations :)

Have to say, I actually like buying things online these days, or using online banking to pay for things, because of the newer distance selling regs!

When I brought mine, I spent about a year trying cars out. Only place I found the "no test drives until you've brought it" rule was in Yorkshire. I know dealers dont like tyre kickers, and I can empathise with that, but surely you have to use some common sense in working out who is serious and able to buy a 911, and who is not....

resigner said:
Interesting take on this is, do the paperwork, pay for it over the phone, then if you dont like it reject it and return it based on distance selling regulations :)

Have to say, I actually like buying things online these days, or using online banking to pay for things, because of the newer distance selling regs!

When I brought mine, I spent about a year trying cars out. Only place I found the "no test drives until you've brought it" rule was in Yorkshire. I know dealers dont like tyre kickers, and I can empathise with that, but surely you have to use some common sense in working out who is serious and able to buy a 911, and who is not....

It's interesting you say this as I was chatting to the guy at Sheffield sports cars and he said most of his sales are done over the phone and people don't view them.

My reply was an I now old school driving round car garages and checking out the cars and haggling face to face?

Well kinda yes was the answer but he said like people coming and viewing too.

Really nice chap didn't have a 911 but did have the new shape rs4 which ticks the more practical box.

Phil 997 said:
:floor: :floor: :grin: :thumb: on that subject I am going to Dinslaken next year as it was such a laugh this year , are you up for it a few of the guys from ooop norf came across from Harrogate and us carrot crunchers took the tunnel and we all met in Germany :thumb:

Tell me more about this? Just a road trip or a show over there?

resigner said:
Interesting take on this is, do the paperwork, pay for it over the phone, then if you dont like it reject it and return it based on distance selling regulations.

What are Distance Selling Regs?

daz parker said:
It's interesting you say this as I was chatting to the guy at Sheffield sports cars and he said most of his sales are done over the phone and people don't view them.

I heard exactly the same thing from a Porsche dealer recently when I went along with my brother looking for his 997.

We felt like boring old farts asking for a test drive. The dealer refused.

daz parker said:
Phil 997 said:
:floor: :floor: :grin: :thumb: on that subject I am going to Dinslaken next year as it was such a laugh this year , are you up for it a few of the guys from ooop norf came across from Harrogate and us carrot crunchers took the tunnel and we all met in Germany :thumb:

Daz both mate , heres the thread about plans for 2018 and the whole trip for 2017 have a read and let us know if your interested :thumb: great laugh and a good way to meet up with lots of the guys on here .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120720

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120512

Phil 997 said:
daz parker said:
Phil 997 said:

Daz both mate , heres the thread about plans for 2018 and the whole trip for 2017 have a read and let us know if your interested :thumb: great laugh and a good way to meet up with lots of the guys on here .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120720

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120512
I'm reading through it, I'll check with my entertainment manager (wife) I may have too many lads trips booked! Would love to get to a meet though!

daz parker said:
Shame I can't see the photos for photobucket!

I know its ruined so many older threads where photobucket was used :thumb:

Kimbo said:
daz parker said:
Kimbo said:
RSJ Porsche.

No Payment = no Test drive.

"Not even if it means you'll lose a sale?"
"No. We sell ten cars a week."

Yeah that attitude doesn't work for me.

That's two of us then.

These were the people I were on about before...

Well Thought I would speak up now since the cat was let out of the bag :floor:

So thats three of us then

My local OPC sends me emails about 4 times a year inviting me to test drive new models.

I've never taken them up, I assume they would weigh me up first to see if I was serious. If I turn up in my scruffy 996 they might eject me from the premises, I always feel so out of place - and unwelcome - picking parts up from their showroom.

But one day I will blag a drive of a 991 out of them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back