Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo spoiler ram repair

kam said:
HSC911 said:
My cousin has ram failure light come on too so we were both looking at PSpeed this morning.

Do update us with how you got on please :thumbs:

:thumb:

Will do!, so far good service over the phone.

Just wondering the age of your car mate and the mileage...I hear these are a ticking time bomb.

JP_Turbo said:
kam said:
HSC911 said:
My cousin has ram failure light come on too so we were both looking at PSpeed this morning.

Just wondering the age of your car mate and the mileage...I hear these are a ticking time bomb.

2007, only 28k on the clock. Not much motorway driving, spoiler hardly used.

kam said:
JP_Turbo said:
kam said:
HSC911 said:

Thats probably the problem. They have seized up over time or seals have dried up and caused the malfunction as I could imagine most of its life the car has been sitting still.

I usually put my spoiler up every trip just so its in constant usage.

JP_Turbo said:
kam said:
JP_Turbo said:
kam said:
HSC911 said:

Thats probably the problem. They have seized up over time or seals have dried up and caused the malfunction as I could imagine most of its life the car has been sitting still.

I usually put my spoiler up every trip just so its in constant usage.

You maybe right!, seals do dry out. Only mainly lift to dry after washing

Make sure the hydraulic rebuild service provides new microswitches on both hydraulic rams.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back