Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 5
997 : 2004- 72
996 : 1997-2005 51
993 : 1993-1998 9
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 13
Cayman : 2005- 12
Cayenne : 2003- 12
Macan : 2014- 3
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 4
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Desert Dragon
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 03 May 2017
Posts: 260



PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the finance co will have to go after BR so good news all round Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nigel99
Suzuka


Joined: 16 Jul 2015
Posts: 1132
Location: Surrey

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 2S

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Dragon wrote:
And the finance co will have to go after BR so good news all round Thumb


The only real loser is the OP who has had all of the stress, sleepless nights and no 911 for 4 months. Hopefully not put of the brand all together and will end up with another sorted car at some point soon.
_________________
Current: 2009 997.2 C2S
Previous: 2008 Cayman 2.7, 2002 Audi TT, 1999 BMW 318!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Desert Dragon
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 03 May 2017
Posts: 260



PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nigel99 wrote:
Desert Dragon wrote:
And the finance co will have to go after BR so good news all round Thumb


The only real loser is the OP who has had all of the stress, sleepless nights and no 911 for 4 months. Hopefully not put of the brand all together and will end up with another sorted car at some point soon.


Agreed and a warning to others re BR aftercare.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Graemep
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 25 Mar 2013
Posts: 337



PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desert Dragon wrote:
nigel99 wrote:
Desert Dragon wrote:
And the finance co will have to go after BR so good news all round Thumb


The only real loser is the OP who has had all of the stress, sleepless nights and no 911 for 4 months. Hopefully not put of the brand all together and will end up with another sorted car at some point soon.


Agreed and a warning to others re BR aftercare.


From experience, a situation such as this can drag on with any dealer..

Like anywhere else you only find out how good somewhere can be is when something goes wrong.

Good result for the OP, as long as the appeal goes as hoped for.
_________________
997.2 Turbo S
Audi S3 - tweaked a bit..

Past:
997.1 Turbo Tip
Audi RS4 (B5) - tweaked a bit more..
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Gottans
Silverstone


Joined: 25 Mar 2016
Posts: 141



PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From experience, a situation such as this can drag on with any dealer..

Like anywhere else you only find out how good somewhere can be is when something goes wrong.


Too true, I am at least £4.2k out of pocket courtesy of Porsche Reading.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
kye_997
Newbie


Joined: 04 Feb 2017
Posts: 8



PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:22 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Hi All,
Just a quick update. The final decision came through today from the Ombudsman and they have upheld my complaint.

Thats it now over and done with, great outcome but 8 months of pain and stress ....

Once I have everything settled will provide a full update of how this process worked, might help someone else in future.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Swampy
Trainee


Joined: 22 Aug 2016
Posts: 57



PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Update Reply with quote

kye_997 wrote:
Hi All,
Just a quick update. The final decision came through today from the Ombudsman and they have upheld my complaint.

Thats it now over and done with, great outcome but 8 months of pain and stress ....

Once I have everything settled will provide a full update of how this process worked, might help someone else in future.


Great result, will look forward to your next post, hopefully a lot of buyers can learn from this.


Swamps Smile
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Desert Dragon
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 03 May 2017
Posts: 260



PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Update Reply with quote

kye_997 wrote:
Hi All,
Just a quick update. The final decision came through today from the Ombudsman and they have upheld my complaint.

Thats it now over and done with, great outcome but 8 months of pain and stress ....

Once I have everything settled will provide a full update of how this process worked, might help someone else in future.


Well done. Still scratching my head how Border Reivers can look at themselves in the mirror.
eh!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Graemep
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 25 Mar 2013
Posts: 337



PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that update Thumb

I would expect the sense of relief is massive..
_________________
997.2 Turbo S
Audi S3 - tweaked a bit..

Past:
997.1 Turbo Tip
Audi RS4 (B5) - tweaked a bit more..
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Sepang


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 2987
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

Very pleased for you Friends

B R seem to have a few bad reviews on here but yet they are made to look all rosy in 911&PW, bit of a joke really... nooo

Can't wait to hear all the juicy bits Grin

Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
stichill99
Monza


Joined: 03 Nov 2013
Posts: 215
Location: Scottish Borders


PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: garages Reply with quote

I often think that about the forums favourites HWM when I read the glowing reports in 911 and Porsche World!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Sepang


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 2987
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: garages Reply with quote

stichill99 wrote:
I often think that about the forums favourites HWM when I read the glowing reports in 911 and Porsche World!


Glowing reports can always be bought I guess Bandit

Bit like forum posts about a particular company/service which gets you a 5/10% discount wack

Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Diggermeister
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 274



PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from 'bought' PR in print, dealers are also pretty swift - on here, as well as elsewhere, like Pistonheads - to get unfavourable threads closed down. You have to do a lot of reading in between the lines to find anything about some places but, if you are there as and when the threads go live, you will see enough to make your own mind up pretty swiftly.

As for the safe route; well there are plenty of reviews of places that do the right thing by customers and have thereby earned very good reputations.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
HSC911
Sepang


Joined: 23 Jul 2014
Posts: 2987
Location: Bedford


PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggermeister wrote:
As for the safe route; well there are plenty of reviews of places that do the right thing by customers and have thereby earned very good reputations.



Agree

Flowers
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum