Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

damage caused to interior dash by windscreen fitter

Lol, would never do that, told him to drink AFTER job

:grin:

Thanks Marky. No Not guilty. I can't even understand how this is my first post either. Sure I have contributed a little through the years! Ah Technology!

Marky911 said:
1st post Tomo. You aren't the windscreen fitter are you? :grin:
Just joking and welcome. :thumb:

P911 I can't think what they'd be doing around that area either but I feel your pain as a fitter I used once scratched my colour coded centre console on my GT3.
It's really annoying as the windscreen is one job off the list, but those dipsticks have added another job onto the list.

I hope you find a decent remedy. Contact some leather repairers. They may be able to manipulate the leather a bit to lose it.

As has been said, it is a perfect arc to the keyhole mind. You don't have one of those heavy Porsche brake disc keyrings do you?

We do windscreens at work. And have a normfest system similar to the one in the video Alex posted up. They use a string/fine cable - it's strong but does snag and snap from time to time. But it's definately not the old school metal cord.

the system is always suction cupped to the inside of the screen. Never goes near the dash. The only damage you might get from being sloppy is scratching/cutting on the edges of the a pillar trims. All kits come with plastic shields that you move around the screen as the cord is cutting but I've seen 'a" pillars and roof linings get roughed up by people rushing the job.

Then when the new screen is offered in - it's always done from outside.
I really can't see what the guy has had in the car that would have left those marks. !!!

Sorry if that doesn't help much.

Edit. Just seen the comment about the 4:22 screen shot. It's only resting on the dash whilst the guy threads the cord into the reel. And the only part touching the dash is soft rubber (it's the suction cup part)

You sure those marks are not from fobs etc hanging from the key, my car has near identical marks.

I noticed the lower ring when I first bought the car 7 years ago so I didn't attach the Porsche key to my other keys only leaving a Porsche key ring, however even this swinging about over the years has polished the leather and as you can see from the second pic it matches perfectly.

The marks look worse in the pics, they are not very noticeable unless you look very closely

Mac

Ps I also hadn't noticed how worn my Porsche key ring has become over the last seven years, that was until I looked at it in the pic below!!!

Attachments

• 2_rings_148.jpg
    2_rings_148.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 909
  • fob_marks_162.jpg
    fob_marks_162.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 909
Hi Mac

LOL, Those marks look exactly like mine, 2 semi-circles. Opps. :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads