Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo spoiler ram repair

kam

See page two...

One of my rams is leaking.

Does anyone know someone the uk doing repairs, found a couple of companies in Europe.

Thank you.

Kam, I used a guy in Belgium, can't remember the name but I can dig through some emails to find it.
He did both rams, he kept me updated throughout the whole process, with pictures of everything, excellent service and a 5 year warranty as long as they are installed correctly.
My only extra was the tool to remove the rams, you don't need it really tbh.

nikos525 said:
Kam, I used a guy in Belgium, can't remember the name but I can dig through some emails to find it.
He did both rams, he kept me updated throughout the whole process, with pictures of everything, excellent service and a 5 year warranty as long as they are installed correctly.
My only extra was the tool to remove the rams, you don't need it really tbh.

Thank you, company is DH automotive.

I touch with them and a company in Germany.

Germany upgrade with their own internals with long term warranty.

Anyone know the cost from Dh-Auto??

kozzi said:
Anyone know the cost from Dh-Auto??
https://www.dh-automotive.com/service.html

It depends on what you have done, I can tell you what I paid but prices may have changed and may vary depending on what you need to be done.
This was the written report with total cost:

NO pump parts broken , only oil leaking on the o-rings and cylinders need be refresh.
The 2 rams loses also oil.
The 2 wiper seals (top on the rams) are hard and haze to be changed.
If you want I can send a special tool for this with your mechanism for 15 euro.

Total cost= repair 2 leaking rams= 408 euro; 2 wiper seals= 50 euro; refresh pump cylinders and change O-ring on the pump. 95 euro ;
Total cost= 586 euro vat and shipping cost included; If you want special tool + 15 euro= 601 euro

Some pics:

Attachments

• img_5343_168.jpg
    img_5343_168.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 6,949
  • img_5346_769.jpg
    img_5346_769.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 6,949
  • img_5347_206.jpg
    img_5347_206.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 6,949
nikos525 said:
It depends on what you have done, I can tell you what I paid but prices may have changed and may vary depending on what you need to be done.
This was the written report with total cost:

NO pump parts broken , only oil leaking on the o-rings and cylinders need be refresh.
The 2 rams loses also oil.
The 2 wiper seals (top on the rams) are hard and haze to be changed.
If you want I can send a special tool for this with your mechanism for 15 euro.

Total cost= repair 2 leaking rams= 408 euro; 2 wiper seals= 50 euro; refresh pump cylinders and change O-ring on the pump. 95 euro ;
Total cost= 586 euro vat and shipping cost included; If you want special tool + 15 euro= 601 euro

Luckily, I only need one rams repairing! Thank you

Seems like I should of looked at this as an option earlier in the year.

One ram failed, porsche changed the lines so I ended up buying complete spoiler kit from porsche, rams, lines, pump for circa £1600.

I didn't really consider the electric version.

My cousin has ram failure light come on too so we were both looking at PSpeed this morning.

Do update us with how you got on please :thumbs:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
My cousin has ram failure light come on too so we were both looking at PSpeed this morning.

Do update us with how you got on please :thumbs:

:thumb:

Will do!, so far good service over the phone.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back