Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insuring your 993

Allan E

I have just been reading posts on insuring Porsche's and was wondering what other 993 owners are paying. Now this subject can be 'how long is a piece of string" and I used to work in the Insurance sector so many factors are assessed before a quote is given, age, occupation, postcode, mileage etc. Multi car policies sometimes reduces premiums, again a consideration but for the exercise of this post, single car policies/premiums only. This is a personal and private piece of information so I fully understand some owners wishing to keep stum.
My premium to Carole Nash was £375, insurer is KGM for my 1995 C2, in June this year, 5000 miles p.a. and I was 66 at the time, postcode is NE39.

Admiral £193 renewal quote for later this month
8 years NCB
Clean licence and no previous claims
1996 C2 with a few mods - suspension, wheels and seats
5000 miles pa
Agreed value £45k
Garaged
Age 47
Postcode E11

I was previously paying c.£500 with Classicline for many years.

I'm with classicline for the Turbo.
Guaranteed Value £130k
£750 excess
1.5k limited mileage
No convictions or accidents
Cat 1 alarm
A very reasonable £800 a year compared to my two family cars that are nowhere as valuable or fast.

Also Admiral Classic @ £190/year garaged in London with agreed value of £45K. From what I can tell, Classicline levy a Porsche tax ;-)

Aviva - £380 for a C2 parked on the road in village near Reading. 10 years NCD value £45k.

12k annual mileage and a daily driver.

I like Aviva. Good customer service when we had a claim last year on a different car

c£400 classicline

993 C4S
based on a market value of c£85k (not agreed valuation in a rising market :floor: )
5k miles pa :floor:
9 points on licence :oops:
full no claims
not protected
Liverpool postcode :eek:

nb it made a big difference to the quote (increase) when value went >£50k. I have double checked the small print and Zingari is NOT on the valuation panel :thumb:

I market compare every year and have been happy that classicline are competative for me.

I'd be very interested to know how any of you got Admiral to quote anything under £200 .. I just called their "Admiral Classic Car Insurance" quote line and with the following details ..

1996 C4
5K Annual mileage
Agreed value £45K
Car always garaged
12 years NCD
Zero convictions/endorsements
In Hampshire

Was quoted .. £581.28 :floor:

It almost makes my renewal with Lockton in a couple of weeks look cheap at £513.31!!

:eek:

jonttt said:
c£400 classicline

993 C4S
based on a market value of c£85k (not agreed valuation in a rising market :floor: )
5k miles pa :floor:
9 points on licence :oops:
full no claims
not protected
Liverpool postcode :eek:

nb it made a big difference to the quote (increase) when value went >£50k. I have double checked the small print and Zingari is NOT on the valuation panel :thumb:

I market compare every year and have been happy that classicline are competative for me.

:thumb: I take it you see through the con of 'protecting' NCD :dont know:

Also I was under the impression NCD doesn't count on these cars as they're on a classic policy as long as you have another car insured. Or are some like Admiral 'mirroring'?

I'm Classicline for c£300 - but that does give you free UK track days if you want them and free EU breakdown :roll:

I'm just pulling in quotes for my next purchase a Triumph 'Bobber' as I fancy a spin on 2-wheels and after a small gap of 28yrs riding c£120 aint bad :floor:

Zingari said:
I'm just pulling in quotes for my next purchase a Triumph 'Bobber' as I fancy a spin on 2-wheels and after a small gap of 28yrs riding c£120 aint bad :floor:

Zingers - a Trumpet Bobber "lifestyle device" what are you thinking :dont know:

ABS, Switchable Traction Control .. ..??? where is the fun in that? :?:

:D

Zingari said:
Also I was under the impression NCD doesn't count on these cars as they're on a classic policy as long as you have another car insured. Or are some like Admiral 'mirroring'?

Prior to Admiral I was with ClassicLine for many years and in the last 2-3 years they started quoting a NCD years based on the number of years I'd been with them.

I took that across to Admiral who are also quoting the NCD (now 8 years) so perhaps that goes some way to explaining my £193 premium.

My £190 is part of a multi-car, but that is the 993 element (the MR2 is only £110).

Tobesetc said:
My £190 is part of a multi-car, but that is the 993 element (the MR2 is only £110).

Ahhhh .. a multi-car policy, that explains it .. still cracking good price though Tobes :thumb:

I'm with Classicline, £49k agreed value, 5k miles pa, £230 aged 56 in Lincs. I tried to use Admiral classic but after an age waiting on the phone they told me they wouldn't agree the value until after I'd taken the policy out. :dont know:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back