Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DesignLS steering wheel retrim GEN 2 pdk

silvermilnec

I'm considering Linus to do my steering wheel. Mine feels thin and I love all the other trim done for me by him.

Anyone had theirs done in leather and made thicker?

Pictures would be great so I can use it as a reference.

Cheers guys.

Attachments

• 56420dfa_3745_4bc6_9daf_c2d9228979c0_130.jpeg
    56420dfa_3745_4bc6_9daf_c2d9228979c0_130.jpeg
    522.4 KB · Views: 6,617
Why not just get a better wheel (i.e. one with the paddles) :wink:

Shaoxter said:

You can't get a 997 paddle wheel with multi function, or heating.

Cheers guys, not bothered about paddles but would like it a bit thicker 😳😳

There are two companies that owners tend to use.

DesignLS and Royal Steering Wheels

If you search this site for either you will find examples and positive feedback. The Royal Steering Wheels site also has a number of images of work competed. You won't be disappointed with either of these.

nigel99 said:
There are two companies that owners tend to use.

DesignLS and Royal Steering Wheels

If you search this site for either you will find examples and positive feedback. The Royal Steering Wheels site also has a number of images of work competed. You won't be disappointed with either of these.
honest I have searched. The last one done at royal the picture been taken down, also they are all alcantara and I was looking for one in leather.

You can keep the heated/multifunction steering wheel and also have "paddle like" functionality (pull left paddle for a downshift, pull right paddle for an upshift - disable the push button functionality completely) using the original PDK buttons. I have recently done it.

Definitely worth considering if you want paddles and multifunction &/or heated wheel.

Linus trimmed my wheel in alcantara and made it thicker in the process (he also trimmed the rest of my interior too). Excellent job, still very pleased with the results a couple of years on

Attachments

• img_3720_199.jpg
    img_3720_199.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6,416
Roro said:
Linus trimmed my wheel in alcantara and made it thicker in the process (he also trimmed the rest of my interior too). Excellent job, still very pleased with the results a couple of years on

Nice cheers!

balancely said:
nigel99 said:
Shaoxter said:

You can't get a 997 paddle wheel with multi function, or heating.

997 can upgrade to latest MF shift paddles steering wheel with adapter kits, more info https://gpsadapter.us

It's funny on their website they replace the 997.2 sport wheel with a 991 wheel but I think the 997 wheel is much better looking and better made.

silvermilnec said:
I'm considering Linus to do my steering wheel. Mine feels thin and I love all the other trim done for me by him.

Cheers guys.

I went to visit Royal Steering Wheels last week, nice guy and showed me several examples of his work, all looked very good. I always felt that my wheel felt a bit thin, especially as I drive a BM during the week and am used to a much thicker wheel. I also replaced my worn gear knob and gator recently and now my wheel and handbrake cover really let the interior down!

I wanted to keep a fairly stock / OEM look and Jack at RSW recommended a very slightly thicker wheel, only about 1 - 2mm, otherwise I would loose the character / look of the standard wheel. I am also going for black nappa (smooth) leather on the top and bottom, with perforated on the sides and OEM dark grey stitching (similar to the pic below, without the grey panel at the top). He is also doing the handbrake cover in the same style.

Mine is a Gen1, round airbag wheel. I'll post some before and after pics in a couple of weeks :D

Attachments

• mid_grey_415_510.jpg
    mid_grey_415_510.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 6,075
TonyC911 said:
silvermilnec said:

Cheers guys.

I went to visit Royal Steering Wheels last week, nice guy and showed me several examples of his work, all looked very good. I always felt that my wheel felt a bit thin, especially as I drive a BM during the week and am used to a much thicker wheel. I also replaced my worn gear knob and gator recently and now my wheel and handbrake cover really let the interior down!

I wanted to keep a fairly stock / OEM look and Jack at RSW recommended a very slightly thicker wheel, only about 1 - 2mm, otherwise I would loose the character / look of the standard wheel. I am also going for black nappa (smooth) leather on the top and bottom, with perforated on the sides and OEM dark grey stitching (similar to the pic below, without the grey panel at the top). He is also doing the handbrake cover in the same style.

Mine is a Gen1, round airbag wheel. I'll post some before and after pics in a couple of weeks :D

He seems better at leather. I had my wheel done by him in alcantara and it wasn't a good job. Will eventually get it retrimmed at DesignLS

TonyC911 said:
silvermilnec said:

Cheers guys.

exactly the kind of thing I was looking for, I look forward to the before and after pics cheers

isysman said:
TonyC911 said:
silvermilnec said:

Cheers guys.

He seems better at leather. I had my wheel done by him in alcantara and it wasn't a good job. Will eventually get it retrimmed at DesignLS
unusual to get bad feedback for RSW can I ask what poor about the finish?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back