Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 - first impressions

Happy for you mate. I did say in my 2nd post, that psi makes a huge difference in these cars....
I'm glad it was something simple rather than work components. Time to enjoy

I'm surprised someone hasn't chipped in about measurement system analysis! (How reliable/repeatable/accurate) is your gauge?

Glad it's sorted for you now though!

I have found that the MPSS appear to be far more sensitive to tyre pressures, certainly over the Bridgestone Potenza's I replaced. Worth investing in a decent quality gauge as the petrol station forecourt ones are very unreliable.

DucatiRob said:
I have found that the MPSS appear to be far more sensitive to tyre pressures, certainly over the Bridgestone Potenza's I replaced. Worth investing in a decent quality gauge as the petrol station forecourt ones are very unreliable.
+1 on both points

DucatiRob said:

I've got a compressor and gauge in my garage, think it's pretty accurate.
Just bought this set of wheels at a good price:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-P...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I'll run them for a few weeks with the Pirellis on, as a comparison, before switching the tyres over.
So I'll have a cheap set of lobsters for sale, if anyone is interested?

Also,
Had a good blast with a mate in his Boxster over to the Bicester breakfast meet on Sunday. Following me, he said it smelt like it's running a bit rich. Looking at the mpg of low to mid 20's cruising on a dual carriageway, I think the remap that was done has it running rich - I think I need to have the mapping looked at. Any recommendations around Northants? (Fearn Motorsport?). I want more low/mid range pull rather than just top-end.

Fitted my new wheels today, really like the look of these.

Attachments

• 20171007_093315_resized_729.jpg
    20171007_093315_resized_729.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 1,002

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back