Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine rebuilder.

I do have that one saved and haven't contacted him about the rebuild yet.

It's quite modified which i personally don't mind.

The mileage is a slight put off even thoughts it's only 7k per year.

What's your thoughts on it?

The autotrader one I just posted - I'd have been straight to see that the day it was listed!!!! Full hartech rebuild, bomb proof ims, new clutch fitted by them too only 5k miles ago. Are you mad?

Always buy on condition, not mileage. You'll not see another like that for 6 months and it's well priced too.

I wasn't in a position to buy the day it was listed unfortunately.

So I take it you think it's worth it!

Delete the link or someone will buy it lol

Well it's worth around £22k without the engine rebuild. The fact that it's been future proofed for any new owner is really the icing on the cake. It looks tidy enough. Mileage is around average for it's age. This is its 9th owner, which some could argue is a bit much, but it might have been passed around a bit due to it having scored bores. All that's been sorted now and the car's good to go.....and go......and go.

Some of the highlights for me would be:

Manual box.
£305 road tax
0-60 under 5s (same as a 996 turbo tip)
180+ mph
Most robust ims avaiable fitted
6 new pistons and liners (I'm guessing).
New Clutch
New tyres
New front coil springs last year

I'd be asking for a fresh MOT on it though if I was buying it (although it expires in December, not November).

alex yates said:
Well it's worth around £22k without the engine rebuild. The fact that it's been future proofed for any new owner is really the icing on the cake. It looks tidy enough. Mileage is around average for it's age. This is its 9th owner, which some could argue is a bit much, but it might have been passed around a bit due to it having scored bores. All that's been sorted now and the car's good to go.....and go......and go.

Some of the highlights for me would be:

Manual box.
£305 road tax
0-60 under 5s (same as a 996 turbo tip)
180+ mph
Most robust ims avaiable fitted
6 new pistons and liners (I'm guessing).
New Clutch
New tyres
New front coil springs last year

I'd be asking for a fresh MOT on it though if I was buying it (although it expires in December, not November).

Also have you seen its location? Joking before I get jumped on.

Some of this sites most affluent members live in Liverpool!

:cigar:

If you get a wriggle on, you might even catch the bank for your deposit :grin:

It's a 240 miles round trip from me and working flat out at the moment.

The good thing is really as the engines sorted, in theory it can be just checked over like any other car.

I put it second after the black on a posted, yes it was 4 grand more but preferred black and it had nearly half the miles. That been sold now this one comes to the top as it's the same price as the atlas grey one with 80k miles and no rebuild.

Would need the matching rear spoiler also.

daz parker said:
Nice wheels but would of looked better in silver.

Only £260 to put that right and alloys usually need refurbing at some point. Very, very, very minor detail compared to the engine work most don't have.

daz parker said:
Nice wheels but would of looked better in silver.

I agree, I like black wheels buts in this instance it hides the detail of the wheel. I think I'd go a bit darker than silver just to provide a bit of a colour contrast from car to wheels. Something like anthracite or similar.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back