Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coil pack 'F' failure???

michelin

As I look at the back of the car which is F? Is it to my right hand side nearest me?
I've ordered 6 new coils because apparently, yet again, they've been modified!
Thanks for the help guys.
:thumb:

O/S is the drivers side on a RHD car and that would be bank 1 .

Also known as the right side .

Bank 2 being the side nearest the kurb .. N/S , passenger side .

Left side .

Didnt really understand the question :(

New coils have been modified and they are much larger which sometimes causes issues with the heat sheild not fitting .

Apologies re the question, or explained very well. I'm tired now after changing the coils :grin:
Ok am I correct in assuming that nearside numbering of the cylinders is 1,3 &5? 5 being the back of the car.

'F' I'm assuming is No.6 :D
Or am I thick? :lol: :wack:

:grin:

michelin said:
Apologies re the question, or explained very well. I'm tired now after changing the coils :grin:
Ok am I correct in assuming that nearside numbering of the cylinders is 1,3 &5? 5 being the back of the car.

Standing at the back of the car faceing the front then the o/s would be 3,2 and 1 cyls .

n/s would be 6,5 and 4 cylinder .

Its easier to think that the engine in a Boxster is opposite that of a 996 so on a boxster the crank pully is at the front and thats how you work it out .

From any Porsche engine then left side of the crank pully is bank 1 and 1-4 and right side is bank 2 and 5-8 ... subtract cyls as nec for your model .

Thanks Demort :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back