Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why is this 981 Cayman 29 Bags?

Zingari said:
jonttt said:
Zingari, you only live once, get the GTS, you know you want to, you won't regret it and......... the total cost of ownership will be less than an S :wink:

:hand: Temptation. Get thee behind me :grin: As we go into the New Year and if I haven't found anything for Monaco I might have to get desperate and have a GTS then. When will they fall out of bed pricewise :dont know:

mmmm not sure, I paid £55k for a high spec one last feb from OPC Leicester with effectively a 3 year warranty. Granted I picked up a bit of a bargain :grin: but I could not buy the same car today for that price nor have I seen an equivalent in the past 6 months. So for me it would cost me more to buy the car than it would have 6 months ago.

My total cost of ownership comment was primarily based on depreciation. I think the 981's will hold value due to the NA engine. Thats more than just emotional I'm still convinced someone driving a 718 v 981 back to back will always choose the 981. The only benefit a 718 has is a new car option. When that option is second hand v second hand the 718 is even less appealing. Thats why I think 981's will relatively hold values well, especially "holey grail" S's ie PSE, PASM, Sport Chrono. The GTS is a guaranteed holey grail spec and as per 997 will just hold better than even a good spec S. So yes you will pay a premium for a GTS but you will get that back in terms of less depreciation than an S. Its not even man maths, its as much of a sure thing as you can get with a car.

Convinced yet :wack:

It is the most fun car I've had this site of a Ferrari but without the downsides a ferrari has not least public reaction to it :wink:

Believe me in the real world joe public have no interest in 911 v 981, the 981 looks better (especially in GTS spec) to most than a 911 because it looks more like a ferrari, ironic isn't it :floor:

JonTTT, what you think will happen to the 987.1 Cayman S with all the drivers toy? Will they just keep on falling?!

Yep, a fully loaded one will always be easier to sell but its value will always be capped by the main S prices. That's why porsche got it so right with the GTS badging, it demarcates them from the S.

jonttt said:
Yep, a fully loaded one will always be easier to sell but its value will always be capped by the main S prices. That's why porsche got it so right with the GTS badging, it demarcates them from the S.

:hand: Why is it there are so many GTS with 'normal' AC and not climate control? I know hairdressers have the option of a free bouffant so will have the top down at any opportunity but I just don't get it :dont know: I've even seem some with no heated seats :roll:

Don't stress the non climate. It was nearly a deal breaker for me, but in truth I hardly notice it now. (to cold turn up, to hot turn down really is that simple)

Honestly even my lowly 2.7 is the best Porsche I have owned (996 and 997 previous). You will not regret it. That said I may be again rethinking our cars and if you like Guards Red I may be moving around early next year!

Zingari said:
jonttt said:

:hand: Why is it there are so many GTS with 'normal' AC and not climate control? I know hairdressers have the option of a free bouffant so will have the top down at any opportunity but I just don't get it :dont know: I've even seem some with no heated seats :roll:

Basically its got to be down to Porsche calling it "dual climate" when in fact what they should have called it is "we are tight arsed and only give you air con as standard so if you want climate control as per a fiesta that will be an extra £500 please" but I guess thats a mouthful, they could have abbreviated it to "climate control" though :roll:

I can't blame heated seats on Porsche though to be fair, the buyer was just tight with a cold arse :dont know:

and is climate worth it, you set a temp and it erm.... maintains that temp rather than you realising after a few minutes the temp needs adjusting as your too hot / cold.

To not have climate in a £60k+ car is criminal :judge: Would you accept not having it in an S class, a 7 series, a vogue, no so why should you in a Porsche :roll:

but you are correct there seem more GTS without climate than with :floor:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back