Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First drive...

nickjonesn4

Sao Paulo
So picked up my C2S today from JZM. Car prepared absolutely beautifully and a really thorough handover. Very impressed.

A couple of stalls later I realised that this is not a hard car to drive. The flexibility of the engine is amazing, not what I was expecting and I love the throttle response and of course the noise. Did 300 miles up to an overnight in the north Lake District and super impressed at how civilized it is on the motorway. Even the sterso is okay. The brakes seem very strong and felt very happy keeping up with traffic.

Managed to fit in a couple of brief A road stints but tomorrow is the 2.5 hour A road blast home to Edinburgh. The steering feel Vs modern car is making me look forward to that very much indeed.

Just need to remember not to rush the clutch!

Congrats on the new purchase :thumbs: We will need to be having a 993 meet in Edinburgh soon as there seems to be a few in the area now!

Sounds like a cool road trip Nick and the weather looks great for the hoon back tomorrow. Enjoy. :thumb:

C.

Re: 993

stichill99 said:
Congrats on the new purchase :thumbs: We will need to be having a 993 meet in Edinburgh soon as there seems to be a few in the area now!

Yes please. I'm in Trinity and happy to help pull together.

cableguy said:
Sounds like a cool road trip Nick and the weather looks great for the hoon back tomorrow. Enjoy. :thumb:

C.

That's the plan :D

tyinsky said:
Does it have a lightweight flywheel fitted?

No can't use that excuse. Just been driving autos or semi autos the last few years!

nickjonesn4 said:
and felt very happy keeping up with traffic.
....and so it should with 285bhp. That's hardly trifling given it's not an overly heavy car. :D

Congrats on your purchase.

Congrats Nick - lovely car, hope it brings you many miles of smiles.

stewart rix said:
nickjonesn4 said:
and felt very happy keeping up with traffic.
....and so it should with 285bhp. That's hardly trifling given it's not an overly heavy car. :D

Congrats on your purchase.

No that's a fair point. Not sure what I was expecting!

So when do we get to see some pics of your new toy .......... you know it's obligatory ....... :)

Congratulations. :thumb: Hopefully see it at some point, perhaps even on the road. I am in Glasgow.

Will get some pics sorted over weekend

Had a lovely run in the sunshine up from Tebay this morning on empty motorway then up the A702. Car is an absolute joy to drive as you lot all well know.

Yes - they are a good involving drive - hope you continue to enjoy it :thumbs:

Next time you heading home that way take the A701 from Moffat round the Devils Beef Tub, certainly makes you focus if pushing on!

My wife and I often head down the M74 cutting off at Moffat on the A701 and pop into Peebles for a spot of lunch before heading back on the A702 via Lanark and through the Clyde Valley.........in fact the only time my wife gets in the car is when lunch is involved.

ColinC said:
Yes - they are a good involving drive - hope you continue to enjoy it :thumbs:

Next time you heading home that way take the A701 from Moffat round the Devils Beef Tub, certainly makes you focus if pushing on!

My wife and I often head down the M74 cutting off at Moffat on the A701 and pop into Peebles for a spot of lunch before heading back on the A702 via Lanark and through the Clyde Valley.........in fact the only time my wife gets in the car is when lunch is involved.

Yep have done in both my other cars - a grand day out. Definitely on the list. I think there is Porsche Club breakfast run doing that route on 5th November that I might check out

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back