Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Change Convertible color or not?

mumintrollet

Starting to think about changing my convertible top color from grey to black.
Please let me know what you think :?:

My car is the top one

Attachments

• 48754123_7bcb_4e46_88a3_73b4f912b424_149.jpeg
    48754123_7bcb_4e46_88a3_73b4f912b424_149.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6,324
Black

Think it's got to be black. The grey seems to look as if it's just been sun faded from black and unintentionally ages what's a lovely looking car.

red :grin: :thumb:

:yuk: That 'grey' looks like faded black.

My boss had a red roof on his white car, think the contrast looked 8) especially if you lived in the UAE :grin:

I'd go Blue or Red :mechanic:

:thumb:

Black. I speak with authority. I own the identical car to you, but with the correct black roof, which looks great as it has a new one as some kind soul decided to slash the roof and key the car about a year ago.......

Had mine cleaned yesterday, looks way way to good and already classic, while still being modern. 997 looks don't seem to age, unlike a 996 which for looks awful and dated!

Black

with a new hood at £1800 wish plus vat and fitting

may be an idea to dye your current hood black,

there are dyes out there formulated for dyeing hoods, probably need to speak to a reputable trimmer or detailer and they should be able to do it for you

mark pearce said:
with a new hood at £1800 wish plus vat and fitting

may be an idea to dye your current hood black,

there are dyes out there formulated for dyeing hoods, probably need to speak to a reputable trimmer or detailer and they should be able to do it for you
Sound advice Mark - I've seen it done professionally with good results.

dye it a dark red the black red or white red combo is very upto date and will lift the car big time I see lots of 991 with those colour combos.
black on black is classic, but not very interesting .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back