Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S 1 Month On...

That's all good to hear from my perspective lol. I def need to get out in mine a bit more rather than just at the weekends

That Sprint Boost looks worth a punt Phil :thumb:

C4-STORM said:

I know you will be pleased with it mate. its just what the tip needs :thumb:

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your C4S. I pick mine up in a couple of weeks, and the wait is killing me!

On the Tip vs Manual front, I can see the merit of the tip. I drove a 997 C2 with the tip box, and have to say it is the best "old" auto I've driven.

My C4S has a factory fitted short shift manual box, and it really does require a great deal of commitment and concentration when driving fast. It's quite easy to miss 3rd all together, although I am sure I will get used to it. Also, I can see the clutch is going to be a bastard in traffic. So I can see the appeal of a tiptroinc. However, for me a 911 has to be driven. So manual is the only choice for me..... ETTO!

C4-STORM said:
Demort said:
On bumpy roads round town the occasional clunk develops more into in annoying squeeking sound. It doesn't feel like it's anything too drastic and I couldn't see anything obvious when on the ramp the other day however I am not a mechanic.

Mine did this on test drive... I just put it down to the fact it had not been driven for so long. Waited for month, did 500 miles hoping it would go away but no joy. 15 years old so treated her to a brand new suspension. Squeak importantly gone (mine was really annoying as the car would bounce a bit so two or three squeaks over every bump!! ) but omg the ride improvement is 100% better. You can try save money by just doing mounts and bushes but for a little bit more investment you get the satisfaction of knowing your cars legs are strong, shiny and doing their job!!

A few of the 996 owners at Parr have done it recently, it's worth every penny!! I'm not tracking mine (have an Elise for that) so didn't go for anything too glamorous like coilovers, just stock MO30. It's brilliantly tight, planted and satisfying to drive now instead of floaty. Might be worth considering?!

Glad you're enjoying the car. Mines going well, 750 miles already, about to click 50k on the dash! Loving the car.. going to sell the M3 now knowing this car is solid and can hack the everyday commute.

I've had my car a month now done 800 miles, apart for the exhaust ends wrong way round and not for this model,cant be swapped with each other, i love it ,easily replaces the buzz i used to get from riding bikes fast.
ive learnt how to finally wash it and polish it properly it really pops with pooy boy glaze and natty wax
only down side is fuel consumption. I put v power in it ,but i do boot it 😊
my gitfriend loves it
never meet your heroes? .....but this is just brilliant

Hey good to hear feedback from other new arrivals :bye:

Paul911c4 said:
I've had my car a month now done 800 miles, apart for the exhaust ends wrong way round and not for this model,cant be swapped with each other, i love it ,easily replaces the buzz i used to get from riding bikes fast.
ive learnt how to finally wash it and polish it properly it really pops with pooy boy glaze and natty wax
only down side is fuel consumption. I put v power in it ,but i do boot it 😊
my gitfriend loves it
never meet your heroes? .....but this is just brilliant

Paul I laughed at the Freudian slip my Gitfriend :floor: what we think and what our brains tell us to write are not always in harmony :grin:

Legzr1 said:
Phil 997 said:
C4-STORM said:

I know you will be pleased with it mate. its just what the tip needs :thumb:

Got a link to a recommended supplier please?

there are two types the older 2 mode one like I had note make sure you buy one for the tip as the manual one is a bit different.

http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod9583/Sprint-Booster-Throttle-Control-for-PORSCHE_2_2/

then the newer multiple mode one, more options but the control unit is not so easy to hide away as my old one went in the unused ashtray and lid closed you didnt know it was there.

https://www.sprintboostersales.com/PORSCHE

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back