Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What Radio (in-Car Entertainment) do you have in your 993 ?

Tobesetc said:
I've got a... oh, wait... I'll only make the Illuminati cry. It's not a Becker.

:nooo:

I can't remember ever turning my unit on :dont know: Prefer the engine noise to an asthmatic old system punting out Val Doonican numbers :what:

Original Porsche branded Becker CDR21 with a Loudlink unit hidden behind glovebox attached to bulkhead and plugged in to the rear of headunit.

One of my favourite stealth mods as it all looks stock (except for tiny microphone over on the RH side of dash) but with the benefit of all modern functions: Bluetooth 'phone connectivity for calls, sat nav app and music streaming plus ability to play music from huge capacity SD card.

Had a brief dalliance with a modern Sony headunit that worked extremely well but the chief downsides were (1) the silly over-complicated numerous settings needing to be reset whenever the battery was disconnected (2) The rats nest of cabling created by the adapter kit necessary if you don't want to cut the original and (3) the incongruous look.

Zingari said:
I can't remember ever turning my unit on :dont know: Prefer the engine noise to an asthmatic old system punting out Val Doonican numbers :what:

Same here but actually using it is not really the point is it :hand:

Come to think of it, I never use the car let alone the radio :wack:

I have a Sony in mine, and can see from this thread most people swap them out for a Becker. Out of interest why? Do the Beckers sound better or just look better?

Cheers

Mike

I don't know the precise model of mine but it was an aftermarket Alpine unit which looked terrible and I couldn't work out how to pair with my phone etc. Had it swapped out for the Porsche Classic system before purchasing and I must admit I really think that it looks/works fabulously in the 993.

Come to think of it, I never use the car let alone the radio :wack:[/quote]

Excellent point

My only problem with the Porsche Classic unit was that for the first few times I drove it, it kept on telling me if I was speeding! Fine to have in principle but rather annoying to be told off by a robot every time you try to go for an overtake!

Managed to turn that one off sharpish thankfully.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back