Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My First Porsche

sjfpdk

Hi All,

I have been lurking on here for quite some time ( 4 years ) :grin:

About 2 weeks ago I picked up my car from 911Virgin, A lovely GT sliver C4S Cab 997.2. Firstly I must say that the guy's at 911Virgin, Terry & Team is everything that i had read about them on this forum.

The car was presented in stunning condition and had all the options that I had wanted, though I must confess that I originally wanted the multi function steering, but that all changed once I test drove the car with the sports steering wheel. Just go to love those Paddles, I personally didn't think the Paddles would be that good.

Why oh why, did I wait so long to get one, :lol:

Here's a pic of her, enjoy

Attachments

• img_9972_198.png
    img_9972_198.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,425
Hi sjfpdk,
I was in a pretty similar situation as you (but not lurking for as long), I picked up my first 911 in May, Very happy with it, I had a few teething issues with it at first, glad to say nothing major but all done now :)
I'll get to post all about it as soon as I get a chance.
Your car looks fab btw, similar to mine but I have a coupe :)

Swamps :)

:welcome:
Your new Porky looks the biz!

Well done mate. Love the 4S backend 8)

Good luck and happy driving :grin:

Glad you're happy @sjfpdk !

That car has wanted for nothing, did majority of its miles early, has been under a warranty all its life, has had several 997 mid-life crisis issues fixed already so should be stress free for the foreseeable. I certainly pampered it, including living in a garage with a de-humidifier in the winter.

Enjoy it!

Lovely car mate , and great knowing the previous keeper was an enthusiast and gave it all the TLC . enjoy big grin driving you have 4 yrs to make up for :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Thanks Guy's

@Alfaian - Agree, the C4S backend is a beautiful thing to look at it's what swayed me over to the Gen 2 997.

@MJA911 - Thanks mate, you sure kept the car in good nick :worship: I too will be keeping it parked in a garage and will be keeping up the pamering. Just out of interest what were the several issues that got fixed..PM if you have time.

@Phil997 - Yep, it brings a smile every time I drive it, So glad I got a gen 2 997, It took a long four years as I first wanted a Gen 1 then changed my mind.

Congrats! Enjoy the driving experience! :drive:

:welcome:

Morning sjf - I can confirm it sounds lovely from behind, too - have followed MJA several times and it always sounded superb!

Enjoy

Osh

Hello Osh,

It does indeed sound amazing, why would anyone want to turn off the pse. 😎

sjfpdk said:
Hello Osh,

It does indeed sound amazing, why would anyone want to turn off the pse. 😎

:eek: you can turn off PSE ?? :eek: :eek: :floor: I would be removing the little valve thing so it stays on all the time or buy the cargraphic over ride unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back