Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jackal's 993 up for sale at JZM

nickjonesn4 said:
911UK said:
westcoastclassic said:
Similar but different to this car at the highly respected Border Reivers in Loch Lomond (link below). This car is pretty awesome and I am amazed it has not sold, I have seen it in the flesh and its virtually beyond any kind of improvement and judging by JZMs ask its a steal, why wont people come North of the Border.

Having seen 2 cars from Border Reivers in the last year, shocking quality and very bad customer service by virtue of this thread.

997 S from Border Reivers: engine failure

Best avoided and that 993 you refer to is worth a lot less than they are asking for it.

Border Reivers 'Caveat emptor'

My experience of attempting to buy a car from them was pathetic. The owner took the hump when I asked about a car they had listed that he had decided wasnt for sale (it was marked POA!!!) He basically has since refused to let me book a time to go there. End result is that I will never buy a car from them. Overpriced and obnoxious.

Border Reivers on the list of Rogue Porsche Trader Tactics along with the likes of HWM and Raby Porsche :frustrated:

Raby?
I've not heard any bad things about him. Are there?

Zingari said:
Day of the Jackal has been loaded onto Netflix if you're interested. :grin:

I think you meant uploaded to YouTube?

F12, mountain pass....now that is a day!

It's a nice car, but, in the cold light of day, it's a modified 80k miles C2 and while perhaps a rather binary way of looking at it, to the purist that is all it will ever be regardless of how well it's been done.

Purists aside £110k is hell of a chunk of change when you consider what else is available for the money.

crash7 said:
It's a nice car, but, in the cold light of day, it's a modified 80k miles C2 and while perhaps a rather binary way of looking at it, to the purist that is all it will ever be regardless of how well it's been done.

Purists aside £110k is hell of a chunk of change when you consider what else is available for the money.

This type of car is bought by the type of people who have the "what else is available for the money" already. That is the appeal, you can't just go and buy one.

jotaking said:
Zingari said:
Day of the Jackal has been loaded onto Netflix if you're interested. :grin:

I think you meant uploaded to YouTube?

F12, mountain pass....now that is a day!

Awesome cars aren't they, the best GT car bar none :thumb:

£109,900 for a 993 C2 with RS bits.

That's a hell of a lot in a dropping market.

Which is why Jackel has probably decided to sell now.

The tide is going one way!

Funny I still see the complete opposite :floor:

g7jhp said:

:eek:

Zingari said:
g7jhp said:

:eek:
:yeah:

I showed it one of my customers today. He rebuilds and maintains classic cars and racing cars and knows quite a bit when it comes to car valuations. He was very surprised how cheap it was considering how good a recreation it is.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if his boss snaps it up this weekend. :dont know:

alex yates said:
I showed it one of my customers today. He rebuilds and maintains classic cars and racing cars and knows quite a bit when it comes to car valuations. He was very surprised how cheap it was considering how good a recreation it is.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if his boss snaps it up this weekend. :dont know:

Does he work in Jonttt's office :dont know:

Does anyone? :dont know:

Way too cheap.
Probably better than an original, as those will be cobwebbed with flaky rubbers and seals with owners freaking out about putting miles on them.
Pretty much the ideal daily driver I reckon (apart from the front cage,
I would actually chuck the cage out entirely, save a bit of weight but lose a bit of torsional rigidity, we've all got to die sometime.)
Very very nice indeed. Pretty much perfect . . .
:thumb:

HPNer said:
(apart from the front cage,
I would actually chuck the cage out entirely, save a bit of weight but lose a bit of torsional rigidity, we've all got to die sometime.)

:D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back