Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hands free speaker only in one speaker - Radio is fine thou

Twickers

Hi All,

A bit of advice please for a slightly strange issue...

Whenever I make or receive a call in my car, 997 C2S (05), the only speaker that works is the one in the passenger foot well.

However, the radio comes out of both speakers....

Anyone else experienced this or have any tips on how to fix it?

To note, I've used different mobile phones and they're all the same, I've checked the speaker balancing etc, nothing makes a difference....

TIA

If you have an aftermarket hands free phone system then some of them only use one speaker as when in use it is better having the speaker and microphone as far apart as possible to reduce feedback. I recently removed a parrot system from my car and that was wired to the passenger side speaker.

Mike

Re: Hands free speaker only in one speaker - Radio is fine t

Twickers said:
Hi All,

A bit of advice please for a slightly strange issue...

Whenever I make or receive a call in my car, 997 C2S (05), the only speaker that works is the one in the passenger foot well.

However, the radio comes out of both speakers....

Anyone else experienced this or have any tips on how to fix it?

To note, I've used different mobile phones and they're all the same, I've checked the speaker balancing etc, nothing makes a difference....

TIA

Assuming you use the sim in the unit... mine does the same.. it is "normal" if a little odd

Thanks everyone.

It's the vehicle's factory fitted, connect with blue tooth hands free. Not after market and no sim in the car, just bluetooth connection.

I can't see how it's normal though as I can barely hear anyone when they call. My husband and 2 friends have Porsche's, none of them have these issues.

Thanks anyway, the car's going in for a service and to have the this issue checked out.

Many thanks everyone.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downlime
Back