Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 servicing question

badlands

Ok here's a real sandals and slippers post, forgive me. :wack:

My current milleage is 116,300miles and I get the car serviced annually each November. Yearly milleage around 3.5k.

The last 12k service was done by Precision @ 105k miles
The last 24k service was done again by Precision @ 100k miles

So it's a little bit out of whack, they're closer together than they should be. Would you:

a) Continue the pattern above, hence get my 12k service done next month instead of the annual

or

b) Get an annual next month, then wait until 120k miles to do the (car's theoretical fifth) 24k service so that it's back on schedule with how it should be starting from zero miles from the factory

Thanks!!

....... you don't need a 12K service a normal 6k service is perfectly adequate ........ this time round and even next time round .......unless you like shelling out the old Wonga unnecessarily .......

Thanks. 6k the same as the annual yep?

You should have had ( in theory ) 5 x 12k, 2 x 24k, 2 x 48k and be due your third 24k at 120k mileage.

6k is what you should have now. It is for when annual mileage is less than the service schedule - not to be confused with an annual check which is really a little waste of time since MOT does the same in theory.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back