Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Finally picked up my 997

budflicker said:
Really nice car, really terrible video...

Shmee will sleep safely.

Just drive it and enjoy it, forget the Youtube career.

That's a bit hash dude .......I hope it was a bit tongue in cheek .....

Better this kind of video than those of Shmee/ MasterJWW/ Seenthru Glass/ and friends .....you guys watching their YT antics are paying for their cars ....

At least this lad was genuinely pleased at the whole affair ....I didn't detect any false emotions and narcissism as in the other referred to vid makers ...

But still OP ....enjoy your car like it was meant to be ......

C2S was my first 911 .....not my first Porsche , and it took me a while to take the first step ....it's a slippery slope and it just doesn't stop ....

Enjoy ...

I enjoyed the vid too :D

Enjoy your new 911 !! :thumb: :thumb:

911TEL said:
toffeeman said:
Somebody has been watching Seen Through Glass and MrJWW... :D

Nice video and lovely car. Congrats :thumb:

I don't believe you can compare the OP's video of his pick up to the videos by MrJWW......that guy is so false and condescending it's hard to stomach ...."it's insane" is his mantra ....turns my stomach ..his GT3 pick up is case in point ...and although he professed to be aPorscheguy ...I don't believe it , just a money man on the make ...narcisstic and false .....wouldn't be my cars n coffee kind of guy for sure ....just my opinion though .....Seen thru glass is no better ....!

The OP here is genuinely over the moon and looks to be an ordinary guy achieving his dream ...that's my kind of video ....

Enjoy Stephen...We have all ( most of us ) felt that way at our first one .....

Problem is ....it's not going to be your last !!!

Well done mate!!!

Thanks a lot buddy and also thanks for the positivity :thumb:

911TEL said:
budflicker said:

Shmee will sleep safely.

Better this kind of video than those of Shmee/ MasterJWW/ Seenthru Glass/ and friends .....you guys watching their YT antics are paying for their cars ....

At least this lad was genuinely pleased at the whole affair ....I didn't detect any false emotions and narcissism as in the other referred to vid makers ...

C2S was my first 911 .....not my first Porsche , and it took me a while to take the first step ....it's a slippery slope and it just doesn't stop ....

Enjoy ...

It is a slippery slope...just got this car and I started looking at Short shifter, paint protection, and ceramic coatings, PCM update etc...

None of it is cheap.. in addition to car tax and Insurance as I am using this as a weekend car....

I tend to keep my cars tho I have an accord type r which is my main car... after 10 yrs of ownership is still reliable.... Drinks a bit more oil than it used to tho... :grin:

TonyC911 said:
Stephen603 said:
TonyC911 said:
Nice!

Great choice of wheels too! :D

OPC looked like West London branch?

Congrats :thumb:

I really like the carrera sport ones as well, but they are growing on me !

I can highly recommend these if you enjoy your detailing!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Auto-Finesse-Woolly-Trio-Wheel-Brushes-/352169224182?hash=item51feebe7f6

I love detailing have bought these already... looks great for cleaning the wheels due to the small spaces between the spokes.

911TEL said:
budflicker said:

Shmee will sleep safely.

Enjoy ...

Reading it back it may be a tad harsh, in fairness the video was alright other than the bit to camera at the start which was a bit Mr JWW which i hate.

For the record Schmee and all the other's of that ilk make me nauseous as well.

Lovely car though and as i said enjoy driving it.

budflicker said:
911TEL said:
budflicker said:

Shmee will sleep safely.

Enjoy ...

Reading it back it may be a tad harsh, in fairness the video was alright other than the bit to camera at the start which was a bit Mr JWW which i hate.

For the record Schmee and all the other's of that ilk make me nauseous as well.

Lovely car though and as i said enjoy driving it.

BF,

Kudos mate for the reply on this.......takes cojones to even review your initial post ...Topman ...!!!

T

911TEL said:
toffeeman said:

I don't believe you can compare the OP's video of his pick up to the videos by MrJWW......that guy is so false and condescending it's hard to stomach ...."it's insane" is his mantra ....turns my stomach ..his GT3 pick up is case in point ...and although he professed to be aPorscheguy ...I don't believe it , just a money man on the make ...narcisstic and false .....wouldn't be my cars n coffee kind of guy for sure ....just my opinion though .....Seen thru glass is no better ....!

You seem remarkably well informed considering you don't like them. :D

I don't disagree with your opinion of them. The whole 'click bait" scene on YouTube is tiresome. I only watch the videos when they feature a car I like...so once in a blue moon effectively.

Looks great, congrats! :thumb:

toffeeman said:
911TEL said:
toffeeman said:

You seem remarkably well informed considering you don't like them. :D

I don't disagree with your opinion of them. The whole 'click bait" scene on YouTube is tiresome. I only watch the videos when they feature a car I like...so once in a blue moon effectively.

I wouldn't say that viewing them once or twice could constitute ' remarkably well informed ' but journey have to view to form the opinion ...yes/ / no?

It's a shame in a way because the subject matter cars are often cars I like myself as you mentioned , but knowing these characters are going to be spewing out their drivel stops me even watching nowadays ....

I tend to view the efforts by 'Sharkwerks' / motor trend etcetera ... At least these guys just have funny accents Andy are not their own and each other's Ar53s / egos .....

This is all my own opinion of course ... I can appreciate that 'someone ' must like them , maybe not many on here as we are all balanced chaos on here ....right ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back