Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 S from Border Reivers: engine failure

Why not give Baz @ Hartech a call?
Can't get anyone more expert on these issues.

jonno_ said:
Why not give Baz @ Hartech a call?
Can't get anyone more expert on these issues.

:yeah:

i think you may struggle to get an expert to say that Bore scoring can't be caused by one instance 0f hard driving - the truth is nobody is sure 100% what causes it, also i doubt an expert could confirm high oil usage is directly related to bore scoring on your car etc...etc....definitely worth speaking to Baz tho
On the flip side i would say it is impossible for their expert to prove otherwise - so that might be one tact but i would be more inclined to seek expert legal advice?
Good luck and keep us updated

+1 as Seeforez has said :thumb:

Drove 900 mile round trip to view a red 997 tt for sale at Border Reivers last Friday. Despite claims that it was mint, I was a bit surprised to see nor preparation of the car at all (something Tom freely admitted). Car was okay, but over-priced (it's been on sale since Oct 2016!).

Anyhow, while test driving the car he did say that he never touches n/a 996/997 any longer because of his bad experiences with them. No comfort to the OP but it does sound like he has a grain of integrity.

Sorry to hear this Kye. I had the exact same issue on my 997.1

The dealer didn't seem interested, and more or less told me the problem wasn't theirs since my car was 7 months old. They then accused me of causing the bore scoring myself. In the end, I sent it to Hartech. Best decision I made - they were able to explain the issue to the warranty company in detail, and I got 50% of the rebuild cost covered (the warranty company paid what it would cost to get John Smith off eBay to rebuild the engine). The car has been faultless since.

Yours sounds a lot more complicated than mine - but if you do get close to some kind of compensation, or want a rebuild, you need to have Hartech near the top of your options. They're not cheap, but they are excellent value for money.

Re: update

Update, that we are aware of is that the OP was able to win the case against the finance company based on the advise he had received. The finance company had to return the money to him but they are appealing the decision to the ombudsman.

Once settled 100% the OP will write a complete review as good point of reference for others in future who suffer bore scoring within 6 months of purchase.

Ombudsman generally never upholds appeals from finance cos so thats great news :thumbs:

Desert Dragon said:
And the finance co will have to go after BR so good news all round :thumb:

The only real loser is the OP who has had all of the stress, sleepless nights and no 911 for 4 months. Hopefully not put of the brand all together and will end up with another sorted car at some point soon.

nigel99 said:
Desert Dragon said:

The only real loser is the OP who has had all of the stress, sleepless nights and no 911 for 4 months. Hopefully not put of the brand all together and will end up with another sorted car at some point soon.

Agreed and a warning to others re BR aftercare.

Desert Dragon said:
nigel99 said:
Desert Dragon said:

Agreed and a warning to others re BR aftercare.

From experience, a situation such as this can drag on with any dealer..

Like anywhere else you only find out how good somewhere can be is when something goes wrong.

Good result for the OP, as long as the appeal goes as hoped for.

From experience, a situation such as this can drag on with any dealer..

Like anywhere else you only find out how good somewhere can be is when something goes wrong.

Too true, I am at least £4.2k out of pocket courtesy of Porsche Reading.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back