Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

*** Important advice needed please, gentleman... ***

phil84afc

Monza
So before anyone says anything I realise I'm not a 997 owner, but I need your help please guys - I'm posting this on the 997 forum as it tends to be the most read in my "911 UK experience".

As my avatar says, I own a 987.2 S but I also own a Peugeot 205 1.9 GTi that hasn't turned a wheel in anger in over a decade, and I am finally ready to get her back on the road!

I live in Fleet, Hampshire, and I had a company in mind, but unfortunately they are unable to help me due to lack of staff - so my question is this...

I want to get her back on the road and I know full well that she will require a lot of work (tyres, battery, spark plugs, hoses, distributor, starter motor etc etc) and I am now in need of a knowledgeable and, perhaps most importantly, trustworthy garage/mechanic to undertake this vital task.

I have been visiting this website for many years and have found you guys brilliant for advice, so can anyone recommend someone for the job?!

I look forward to any and or advice/recommendations

:thumb:

Good luck in your quest.

Have you tried the Pug forums, aside from trusted mechanics that you perhaps already know, there well maybe seasoned advice and expertise to tap into that could serve you well.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/

I loved my 205 GTi's ( I've owned loads) the 1.9's have the grunt but a 1.6 is the better car and defines the phrase "lift off oversteer" :grin:

I'd like another if you ever want to move it on :thumb:

Phil PM sent with details of someone I am sure can help. :thumb:

Phil,

Why not DIY?
A gti is a really simple car.
You will get great satisfaction from knowing ' I did that.'
Learn along the way.

What do you want to do with it?
Fresh fuel and a set of jumpleads and it will probably run.

Captain Lockheed said:
Phil,

Why not DIY?
A gti is a really simple car.
You will get great satisfaction from knowing ' I did that.'
Learn along the way.

What do you want to do with it?
Fresh fuel and a set of jumpleads and it will probably run.

Totally agree .. its the sort of car any mechaic / Enthusiast with a few years under his belt could work on with his eyes shut ..

Afraid i was more of a Ford man back then , Capris , Escourts .. even a Granada lol .

Have a word with Gerry at Spendles in St James Road. He may not be able to fit you in, but being ExPeugeot dealer mechanic may have contacts that are local. Tel 624030.
He is a really good guy. Will keep an eye out for your 987.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back