Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo engine mounts

kozzi

Hi guys need to replace engine mounts. Original or rss? Which Rss model is best and where to get them? Replaced the gearbox mount in February with an insert wilhicj made some vibration in the cab so don't want to make it worse

Mezgerite said:
Standard of you don't want additional vibration.

Can you give more detail, as what you have said don't make sense mate :thumb:

Made sense to me

Sorry, typo!

of should be it.

Standard if you don't want additional vibration.

Any 997 will benefit from new engine mounts due to the engines movement influencing handling so much and the fact that all original mounts are now 5+ years old and have become more elastic,

M.

Martian said:
If you don't want any more vibration, replace with stock mounts. The RSS ones do give a more noticeable vibration below ~1500RPM.

So what do people recommend, heard good things about RSS, and an even slicker gear change as well, but now is stock better???

RSS are better in every way over stock apart from NVH. When I had mine fitted, I was quite surprised by the extra vibration and nearly went back to stock. That was ~5 years ago and they're still fitted so no biggie, but I don't do many miles in it at the mo, doubt they'd stay if it was used more frequently TBH.

I bought stock which will be fitted at the weekend.

Martian said:
RSS are better in every way over stock apart from NVH. When I had mine fitted, I was quite surprised by the extra vibration and nearly went back to stock. That was ~5 years ago and they're still fitted so no biggie, but I don't do many miles in it at the mo, doubt they'd stay if it was used more frequently TBH.

Reading that you are on the fence :thumb:

After a year and 8500 miles the only difference in nvh I noticed was at 1900 rpm when it's a really nasty grinding noise but provided you don't hover 50 rpm either side you wouldn't ever notice it.
Benefits of them far outweigh this

I bought stock mounts and fitted them yesterday with my friend on his ramp - which was a great help as we are both getting too Old to lay on the ground!! The exhaust tips now sit a lot higher, the gear change is slick again and the shunting on throttle lift off has gone!
Well worth the 1 hrs labour and £250 spend 👍

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back