Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jackal's 993 up for sale at JZM

No, it reads times have changed. Get with the program.

..... well this is a turn of events on the normally quiet and composed 993 forum ...... ;)

:popcorn:

westcoastclassic said:
alex yates said:
No, it reads times have changed. Get with the program.

yes for the worse and that's not how it reads, need to be keeping an eye on you pal know what I mean

:eek:

For the worse?.....so wife beating and bender bashing were the good times????

Only having a jest.....keep your eyes on me if you want though....I'm down with that.

Back on track though, the car you posted is beautiful and probably well worth the dosh. Jackal's is also beautiful and well worth the dosh, if not double.

Have a read of his relationship with it:

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/993/m003.html

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/993/m003_2.html

http://www.jackals-forge.com/lotus/993/m003_3.html

and watch this:

This video just shows what a car that 993 is and the life it's lived! Thrashing itself round Europe, with no expense on maintenance, eating up foreign tarmac and guzzlin' fuel just to have fun! These cars are the Crusades of the 21st Century!!!!

Ps. No need need to be keeping an eye on me pal know what I mean

:)

I've just upped the Insurance on mine. You couldn't build a car like Jackal's for the sale price but you could build a car like the Scottish one for a lot less than the asking price. How do I know?

Attachments

• tastes_like_butter_128.jpg
    tastes_like_butter_128.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 3,634
Now that is an interesting subject: the difference between spend and money recouped when sold. As someone who seems to be spending a small fortune modding my old heap, I wonder how much is money well spent and how much is money down the drain?

I'm assuming that Jackal spent way more on his than the asking price...agreed?

As I actually get an immense amount of pleasure out of my car, I'm not treating it as an investment. Hence the annual abuse of the paint by plastering it in stickers for Le Mans. More value in the fun than I lose in potentially spoiling the paint.

But can you take an affordable C2/4, do a limited RS look and make money?

infrasilver said:
Yeah very strange, socks and sweaty just haven't fathomed how the internet works yet.

This thread is about a car for sale that we all know and is worth the money asked.

:thumb: :thumb:

993 replica

Or you could buy the one at RPR626 for half the price and still have 99.9% of the fun. Well the majority of drivers wouldn't notice the difference anyway. They are both replicas after all. RPR one has new paint aswell!

westcoastclassic said:
Steve McQueen was a wife beater and by all accounts a pr**k.
I don t have hero's but if I did it would not be him, know your history mate.

Do you think I'm OK with Sid James :dont know:

JZM charge top dough and reject a lot of cars. This car is niche and I'd be interested to know what they bought it in at? It'll be raw as I mentioned and you'd need to be hardcore to do those long trips in it Jackal managed :worship:

The Border car looks very good value by comparison and if I wanted an RS recreation in yellow that is the car I'd take. Simply because it's not an RS and 35 bags is, well 35 bags :oops:

Having the 3.8 motor makes Jackal's car a whole different proposition. Sure it is still an replica RS - but with that motor and seeing how fastidious Jackal is with cars just puts this one in another league, imho.

As a track slag or weekend car for £85k-£90k worth it all day long as the build is magnificent - maybe what I'd describe as an RS +.

At £110k JZM being very greedy (as usual) and whilst most of their stock is very nice I've seen some restorations with shocking standard of work for sale in there. Go and see the black 3.2 Carrera they have had for ever. Paintwork is woeful for a £60-70k car.

tim993 said:
Having the 3.8 motor makes Jackal's car a whole different proposition. Sure it is still an replica RS - but with that motor and seeing how fastidious Jackal is with cars just puts this one in another league, imho.

Some performance advantage over the 3.6 and one that could easily be gained with a chip and an exhaust which the Border car actually may already have. You would be hard pressed to notice the difference in the motor to be fair.
The price's JZM tout are too high, the cars wont be any better than anyone else's, they just have a fancy showroom and good PR. All that glitters is not Gold. Every car dealer is up to the same thing, as much as possible ad endless insatiable greed. As suggested in another post its 85k odd as will always only be a replica. To keep a grip of reality its an old 993 with associated issues, it will rust for a start, who wants a car that will rust easily? I gave up on them years ago and moved on.

I think you've missed the point here. It's nothing to do with JZM, it's to do with the fact it was Jackal's car and the work he has carried out - fully documented on his website (I take it you didn't look at the links I posted). You're right - everything that glitters is not gold, but this car most definitely is.

JZM may sell some tat, I don't know. But what I do know is the extensive work carried out on this car to get it to the level it's at and the irrelevant spiralling cost in doing so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back