Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

On the lookout for a 997 Gen2 PDK

Having looked at the gen2 PDK cars for the last few months i would say
OPC £45k, the likes of RSJ £42k, private £38k

Fair one - I will take that - in my defence I thought posting whilst looking after my 5 month old was ambitious.

It is an S coupe, heated seats, rear parking sensors, rear windscreen wiper, cruise, bluetooth, mobile prep, sat nav. tracker, extended leather and a second set of Excel refurbished wheels with 'n' rated continental winter tryes. Most option ticked I guess.

This thread wetted my appetite so going to clean the car and pop and advert on here and autot-rader and see what happens. Been looking on pistonheads and autotrader this evening prices defo strong which is nice.

I have had a £10,000 deposit at my dealership for a 991.2 GT3 for 2.5 years and am being messaged about something chronic - long story basically was 7th on their list then told in May - there is no list!! Hopefully hear in the new year is I get one from their second allocation.- it is enough to put you off a brand. I have been having impure thoughts about r8 manuals or a 981 boxster..... To be honest I would hardly be able to eat if I get one and my so might not be a bad thing :wink:

Kev M - the RSJ one doesn't have an 18 month porsche warranty they cost £1100 a year. No sports seats no exentended leather The OPC offered me more than £38. But I like what you did there

I wish you luck with you 997 hunt you wont be disappointed. 8)

Im still learning this Porsche buying lark and values with spec etc havent even driven one yet :)

I also considered R8, Aston, RS5 M3 but Porsche just has something classic about it.

Good luck with the sale

Browsing dealer stocks yesterday and struck by how few 997 cars seemed to be for sale, or any description and spec. Values must be mighty firm under such conditions.

Would be good to have a definitive list of options. Very early cars had no option of PSE and have to retrofit. Never seen one without parking sensors and only the odd one lacks nav. I was hoping for PDLS when I searched and got that.

The crests are nice to have, the TV tuner doesn't get much use. Illuminated sill guards and a bit of interior carbon is nice.

I've got the 18 way adaptive seats with memory. The mirror dipping in reverse makes the memory worthwhile. Auto dimming mirrors are not as common as I'd hoped. Voice control is good for amusing the kids.

Had a run around some local garages and OPC Newcastle today which was helpful in deciding whats on my wish list, this has also narrowed down what i want, probably be impossible to find :D

C2S, PDK , paddle change steering wheel, PASM, sport exhaust.
Gunmetal grey or black, might consider others.

Cash waiting

Should be okay. PASM is standard on a C2S. You might need to fit the paddle wheel.

The salesman at OPC said the steering wheel only fits certain ones and the chassis number would need to be checked , is there a way to find out on the forum?

Ask Mark at Stirlings, he has fitted plenty of them.

Pretty sure they fit all of them, mine is one of the really early ones and managed to get retrofitted.

Maybe the OPC guy was referring to Gen 1 997...

will look for one fitted to save the grief and £1200 according to OPC

Kev M said:
will look for one fitted to save the grief and £1200 according to OPC

£875.00 fitted at OPC

Me thinks the OPC man was trying to give good advice about buying from an independant, pointing out warranty issues etc which is fair enough but i couldnt get the car i want from OPC so independant or private is the way to go.

Im planning on visiting RSJ on Wednesday but their warranty is with them direct which would be a pain in the rear as its 5+ hours drive. Will just have to buy one and hope it doesnt break :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back