Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Powerflex gearbox mount bush insert - Review & Mod.

911munKy said:
RRG is vegetable based where as common grease is petroleum based so will eat away at rubber or urethane. Lithium & silicone based grease shuld be fine as well.

:thumb:

Worth knowing - thanks for posting.

Just fitted my replacement (new design) inserts (thank you, Powerflex) and they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the original design. :thumb: :thumb:

Gearshift is noticeably improved and if there is any increase in NVH it could well be in my head (as the old inserts were diabolical).

Not a terribly tricky job (2 long bolts and 6 nuts to undo, with gearbox held up by a jack) and cheap - what's not to like?

Changed from NOT recommended earlier to recommended. :thumbs:

:thumbs: Good stuff!!

There is a discount on at the moment ordering from powerflex shop https://www.powerflexshop.com I just got my insert for 21.55 with free delivery. Awesome.

Just found this thread. I've ordered 993RS engine mounts for my 996tt, thought I'd go for this insert too.

Black or yellow ? Keen for a decent gearchange, but minimal extra NVH.

What's the recommendation ?

The new style yellow ones. Perfect!!

Just under borderline NVH but stiffen up the drive.

Thank you Alex, exactly what I need to know.

make sure you get the code PFR57-530

I got sent the 531 and does not fit!!

the ones I bought off ebay I got sent GT3 and turbo ones. fcuking useless seller as they said its fine for the normal C2.

NLW73 said:
make sure you get the code PFR57-530

I got sent the 531 and does not fit!!

the ones I bought off ebay I got sent GT3 and turbo ones. ***** useless seller as they said its fine for the normal C2.

I ordered PFR57-531 as the powerflex site says that the one for the 996tt.
Quote "PFR57-531 fits 996 & 997 vehicles with the twin gearbox mounting bracket (OEM part number 99737503303) at the end of the gearbox, as fitted to all 3.6 & 3.8 Tiptronic models, Turbo models Manual & Tiptronic, GT2 & GT3.

For vehicles with a single gearbox bush (OEM part number 99637505505) in the end casing use PFR57-530, including all 3.4 models, 3.6 & 3.8 Manual models except for Turbo GT2 & GT3 models."

I can confirm that the powerflex inserts for the 996 turbo add minimal NVH. I believe its because how the mount is designed on the turbo is different.
K9ng said:
Just to add confusion, I have a these powerflex inserts on my 996 turbo,
Not had any issues with added vibration at all, I do have solid engine mounts whether that would have any affect :dont know:

Great to see the supplier taking direct action, good work Powerflex :thumbs:

Attachments

• screenshot_20180404_161702_cropped_342.png
    screenshot_20180404_161702_cropped_342.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,727
  • screenshot_20180404_161648_cropped_166.png
    screenshot_20180404_161648_cropped_166.png
    584.7 KB · Views: 3,727
Hi all,

I've bought a set of the Powerflex inserts for Carrera4Boy's car (1998 3.4L Tip) and I'm hoping to fit them soon.

I'll be doing it on the driveway and I'm wondering if it's just a matter of putting a jack under the transmission, unbolting the two bolts (shown in the photos on page 1 of this thread) then gently lowering the transmission a couple of inches and inserting the Powerflex bushes ? Or are there some other fixings I need to undo as well ?

Is it necessary to place a jack under the engine too, or do the engine mounts hold it firm enough ?
Thanks, Rob.

Edit - Found this video which shows how to expose the bush:
https://youtu.be/bJAWu8ZIbDw

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back