Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cayenne 2008 GTS ?

Gazc2

So I'm tempted with a GTS any owners with any real life experience, reliability what to look for mpg although think I know the answer to that one

any advice welcome

Gaz

they are Good cars, extra touches make them feel better than normal spec cars

A car with air suspension, bose, xenons and heated seats are a must

Pano roof's are rare but nice to have.

MPG in the teens if you're lucky

2009 cars have the updated Sat Nav with Bluetooth

Drive shaft and occasional oil leaks are common across the range

Cheers for that was having trouble convincing myself it was a good buy :D been offered a RRsport 3.6TD from a mate however wifey wants a cayenne

decisions decisions

Porsche News said:
they are Good cars, extra touches make them feel better than normal spec cars

A car with air suspension, bose, xenons and heated seats are a must

Pano roof's are rare but nice to have.

MPG in the teens if you're lucky

2009 cars have the updated Sat Nav with Bluetooth

Drive shaft and occasional oil leaks are common across the range

Have you owned one or did you just pick that of a review somewhere?

Had one for 6 months then decided SUVs weren't for me.
It's a good laugh for an SUV, PSE sounds good, rides well (air suspension is a must) and GTS red is a great colour. But got tired of the weight and width and 13mpg (London driving), switched to an estate car.

I have used one as my daily for 6 years, when I get around to changing it I will be getting another GTS.

It's a great car, performance is good considering the weight and when in sport the handling is decent for the size, however performance is not the reason you by a 4x4 truck.

It's comfortable, practical and easy to drive

MPG's high teens if driven sensibly, can be heavy on tyres but no issues with brakes.

In 6 years it has been uber reliable and cost me nothing and I mean nothing bar servicing which is roughly ever other year.

Must haves in my eyes are the later PCM, touch screen & Bluetooth, and PDCC / air suspension.

Gazc2 said:
Cheers for that was having trouble convincing myself it was a good buy :D been offered a RRsport 3.6TD from a mate however wifey wants a cayenne

decisions decisions

Hi Gaz,

I would tend to go with Mrs Gaz 's choice here mate.....why ?

I had a RRS 3.6TDi V8 prior to the Cayenne diesel S ( 958 model ) and it was a great car when I got it first , I still love the look of these on the road ... but .... when things start to go wrong ( and they will ) its horrendously expensive to fix, parts are a scandalous price.... and they are quite unreliable in comparison to the Porsche , although I am probably not comparing like for like in my case ...

my point being that the RRS can give you some sleepless nights and general worries ... I may have been following too closely on the RRS Forums and the horror stories there , but TBH , it gave me no confidence and a boost on the man maths to justify going for the Cayenne .....

The RRS is a VERY comfortable beast though , and it slowed me down no end whilst driving that one ( on the bends anyway ) ... The sound is great on the move at speed too !!

Just my 2p worth mate ....

Terry

Thanks for all the input guys, so my view of the market is this

10-15k price bracket buys you this

fairly wide choice of both 3.6 and 4.8 with reasonable mileage 50-100k by all reports 3.6 is not all that more economical than the 4.8 but lacks a bit of grunt (which isn't really an issue) its a family wagon were after.

The 3.0d 10-13k mileage is 90+ 13-18 bracket 50-100k region

High mileage 958`s are no around the 19k upwards mark.

Not clear on whether PASM is a must, is this when it has the two lever/switches on the center console or is that PDCC ? which I believe is a rare option.

Think we have decided to go for a diesel however that may change if a nicely specced petrol came along.

Tel in regards the RR I hear what your saying it has wanted for nothing has done 97000 and has been serviced religiously at land rover it has however needed a lot whether it wanted it or not in that period, sensors,air supspension bag,driveshaft bearing etc available for less than 10k .

not in any hurry will keep looking , not a huge selection up here in the North mind you.

Gazc2 said:
Thanks for all the input guys, so my view of the market is this

10-15k price bracket buys you this

fairly wide choice of both 3.6 and 4.8 with reasonable mileage 50-100k by all reports 3.6 is not all that more economical than the 4.8 but lacks a bit of grunt (which isn't really an issue) its a family wagon were after.

The 3.0d 10-13k mileage is 90+ 13-18 bracket 50-100k region

High mileage 958`s are no around the 19k upwards mark.

Not clear on whether PASM is a must, is this when it has the two lever/switches on the center console or is that PDCC ? which I believe is a rare option.

Think we have decided to go for a diesel however that may change if a nicely specced petrol came along.

Tel in regards the RR I hear what your saying it has wanted for nothing has done 97000 and has been serviced religiously at land rover it has however needed a lot whether it wanted it or not in that period, sensors,air supspension bag,driveshaft bearing etc available for less than 10k .

not in any hurry will keep looking , not a huge selection up here in the North mind you.

Diesel better on the MPG but except low 20's in the city and high 20's out and about, but find a car with air suspension, that's a must

They all come with the updated Sat Nav, but same issues exist, oil leaks and drive shafts

I've run one since 2012 after owning a '08 GTS

GTS drives better but the Cayenne Diesel can still handle better than any RRS

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back