Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gundo & the neighbours

Les said:
Phil 997 said:
Les great post and much love to Eric, BUT my big thought was what the hell are you doing going anywhere at that ridiculous time in the middle of the night . :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Its called work :-(. I have to travel all over for my job, so it's either an early train, flight or drive.

I assumed you were coming home after a heavy night out!

:)

Les said:
So I'm outside cleaning the 997.2 this morning when my neighbour (Eric) from 2 doors down comes up to me and says 'I get woken by your car every day around 5:30".

'Sorry," I say 'I'll try to drive as gently as I can".

'On the contrary," says Eric, 'I think it sounds bloody lovely. I want you to give it the beans so I can hear it through the rev range... what you packing in there 350-375bhp..... '

Eric is 85 years old and still clearly a dude! :worship:

Ha ha ha ha ha who doesn't love a story like that. What a Lad !!! Great stuff :bandit:

Dan

Excellent neighbour. Good idea to take him out for a spin even though he might find it a bit low!

I'm thinking that I'll have to alternate the 911 with the MINI on the early starts and airport runs, as it's got a John Cooper Motorsport Challenge manifold (which is not too quiet either), just to keep my neighbours guessing. :evil:

Les said:
Phil 997 said:
Les great post and much love to Eric, BUT my big thought was what the hell are you doing going anywhere at that ridiculous time in the middle of the night . :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Its called work :-(. I have to travel all over for my job, so it's either an early train, flight or drive.

Aha Work,I remember that do people still do that.hard to tell with the amount I see sitting in cafes and wetherspoons during the day. I thought it had fallen out of fashion with the British and we were leaving it to the poles to do . :floor: :floor: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mint_Sauce
Back