Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sad day I know, but am I the first ????

Zingari said:
Large Marble display plinth for sale. Fits 993, may fit other models. Channel cut for CTEK charger cable. Swaps/offers invited :dont know:

Got one already, great bit of kit. Just a ***** to get in the box!

Attachments

• 997inabox_143.jpg
    997inabox_143.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 2,681
I was going to store mine over the winter but for the odd day when its sunny I'd like to get it out given its a soft top. It has permanent storage anyway so I can come and go as I wish.

Hi

I personally do not store my 993 over winter, but loathe driving or having it driven when there is salt on the roads.

As has been pointed out all the aircooled are prone to rust. But I would still not use a modern one on salted roads, because even if the bodywork/chassis is immune from corrosion, you can be confident none of the bolts and gubbins underneath is. And you will pay the price at a later date.

All the best

Berni

berni29 said:
Hi

I personally do not store my 993 over winter, but loathe driving or having it driven when there is salt on the roads.

As has been pointed out all the aircooled are prone to rust. But I would still not use a modern one on salted roads, because even if the bodywork/chassis is immune from corrosion, you can be confident none of the bolts and gubbins underneath is. And you will pay the price at a later date.

All the best

Berni

:agree:

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back