Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Do you store your 911 in a single garage?

RJW1881 said:
sim996 said:
RJW1881 said:
FZP said:
I'm normally not a fan of number plates but that is rather cool. Well done

Cheers,I agree,I've always said private plates are a waste of money and only for the vain. I took a lot of stick from friends and family when I bought theses two, but they made me laugh so I just couldn't resist!

Nice bike, what is it?

It's a Buell XB12 (Harley Davidson 1200cc V twin) with loads of aftermarket trick bits. It sounds awesome.

Very nice. If I saw the belt drive I might have got it. Looks mean.

Had my garage built - most important part of the house!

Attachments

• 020_956.jpg
    020_956.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5,356
Boba fett said:
FZP said:

Really, Its not cool at all, legally its TC05 LOW, I can make anything with a few bolts here and there and some illegal spacing.

Get a grip !! :thumb:
It made me chuckle. I'm guessing with a Turbo you've never broken the law by speeding, I don't know, let's say triple digits :floor:
It's Sept....get your car back out of hibernation and drive it ffs. Get a grip :thumb:

FZP said:
Boba fett said:
FZP said:

Really, Its not cool at all, legally its TC05 LOW, I can make anything with a few bolts here and there and some illegal spacing.

It made me chuckle. I'm guessing with a Turbo you've never broken the law by speeding, I don't know, let's say triple digits :floor:
It's Sept....get your car back out of hibernation and drive it ffs. Get a grip :thumb:

:floor: is it the time of the month on this forum or what :floor:

Just to follow up, at the widest point my garage is 2.8m wide. This is absolutely plenty for the car and I can get in and out on both sides. Could definitely sacrifice another foot if required to fit the car in.

silvermilnec said:
FZP said:
Boba fett said:
FZP said:

:floor: is it the time of the month on this forum or what :floor:

Maybe I was a little harsh, if you can get away with it, why not.

I don't think that plate would last a week where I live with the jobs worthy envious traffic cvntstables in the area.

I had 9HT. I used to space it with a strategically spaced bolt and it said 911 T

Got two tugs with fines and a warning to Q plate my car if caught again so I sold it.

Whether they could or not, is another thing, but not worth the hassle to me.

Just finished renovating my garage. You may find these pics useful.

Attachments

• wall_guard_124.jpg
    wall_guard_124.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,064
  • parked_2_483.jpg
    parked_2_483.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5,064
  • garage_10_155.jpg
    garage_10_155.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5,064
Hi all,

Sorry to drag up this old thread.

Just to say I went on to buy a house in December 2017 with single garage... and earlier this week... I picked up a midnight blue 997.2 Carrera S!

Absolutly loving the car so far and it fits in my garage perfectly (despite the protruding chimney breast at the back). I will take the car out at the weekend and get some better photos to post in the newbie area.

Cheers,
James

Attachments

• img_20180926_183648_644.jpg
    img_20180926_183648_644.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 3,733
Well done!

I think you got all of the answers about whether the car will fit.
I will add my advise to the principle of slightly angling the approach, in reverse of course, to the door opening, with passenger rear corner aimed more to the rear sidewall of the garage. Using the exterior mirrors with a little practice should soon see you an expert at this.
Then it's not too difficult to open the driver's door for ingress/egress.
What you will have to be careful of though is that your driver seat squab on the outside will get a hammering from you butt and the leather can easily get worn over a short time.
Just a warning.

^ this is very sound advice. You can get one side of the car closer to the wall be reversing in, so more room to get out and get past the car :thumb:

I bought a house with a fairly grotty standard single garage, knowing full well there was room for a bigger garage! It's now 3.5m x 11m :D

I am currently able to open the drivers door to the second stop. Its reasonably easy to get in and out but i can see what you mean about damaging the leather. I will clear the garage out when i get chance and see if its any better to back in at an angle.

We also have plans to build a double garage eventually. Definitely a couple of years off yet though!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back