Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat backs vinyl wrap

nikos525 said:
Easto said:
nikos525 said:
Phil 997 said:
That's a great note Nick about the imperfections showing through . So for me it would have to be a livery look to hide them either gulf or martini or get them. painted . :thumb:
Yeah Phil, I think if there are multiple layers then they might not be so visible. I wanted to give it a try and see how it came out, in the worse case some time in the future I'll pull the seat backs out & get them hydro dipped, for now though it improves the look :D

They look decent enough to me.
My backs are in very good condition.

One thing I did wonder about vinyl and hydro dip - do you need to cut the vinyl on the airbag part - I assume the airbag would pinch through the wrap if they did it in one section..

Where is this place?
Easto, as far as the wrap is concerned he cut the vinyl so the airbag could deploy, if needed, as far as hydro-dipping I would assume that they would do the same.
I didn't have this done in the UK I posted this for other members to see the results of getting your seat backs wrapped. I only paid 80 Euro for both seats, that's why I didn't really care if they didn't come out 100%, but surprisingly they came out better than expected!
I'll get some more pics up when I get some time.

For 80 euro you cant complain
Ive had some wraps applied it the past to various cars you could try and wet and dry any imperfections out before the wrap is applied ive even added a small amout of stopper filler to one point prior to a wrap on a small dent on a trim piece

I think they look really good.
Bargain for 80 euros I reckon.

jags320i said:
I skimmed through the thread but check these guys out for Porsche back seats:

https://rpmtechnik.co.uk/servicing/sport-seat-finishing/

I spoke to RPM about this, the workshop manager said I'd be looking at around £700 for both seat backs painted. The £150+VAT is only to paint the seat backs, the work to get them out, then put them back in again is separate and charged by the hour, and is clearly lengthy.

Still love mine! Wicked did a great job!

Attachments

• d1e02771_3d0b_4586_959f_4e20b8d60c2a_779.jpeg
    d1e02771_3d0b_4586_959f_4e20b8d60c2a_779.jpeg
    562.9 KB · Views: 3,265
  • 6600bab8_f5bd_4b09_9d85_e858d8a7f595_196.jpeg
    6600bab8_f5bd_4b09_9d85_e858d8a7f595_196.jpeg
    594.7 KB · Views: 3,268
nikos525 said:
silvermilnec said:
Still love mine! Wicked did a great job!
Those are stunning :thumb:

Cheers, it's a high gloss finish. I normally like a Light cabin but the gloss really lifts it. I got the facial of the steering wheel done in soft basalt, you can't really see the basalt just looks matt black but it feels damn soft!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back