Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which colour 911?

Phil 997 said:
Well firstly and more seriously the most important thing must be condition and spec that you want the colour is the heart bit . mine is Aqua Metallic, my old one was midnight and cobalt, lapis are also great colours top of the list must be Riviera but they are as rare a pulling a supermodel down my local ( just have to settle for her sister lol ) but as Monster so rightly pointed out Blue IS the new black. Under consideration when looking was also speed yellow and guards red, both proper Porsche colours . We do seem to fall into three groups those that like the loud Porsche colours and those that like the safer grey/silver tone options, and then the" It must be black" group there is no denying that Black has great depth to the colour and is an aggressive colour. I love them all even Macadamia well ok only Macadamia in bright sunshine lol . Then there are the California azzuro and the orange ones, just so many lovely and some very rare colours. Only you know what colour car you want to live with so take you time and find the best condition one you can in or as near to the colour you want. :thumb:

Phil... oh dear... why? It might be fast, but it still won't fly :salut: please tell me you haven't drilled that beautiful car :grin:

Boba fett said:
Phil 997 said:
Well firstly and more seriously the most important thing must be condition and spec that you want the colour is the heart bit . mine is Aqua Metallic, my old one was midnight and cobalt, lapis are also great colours top of the list must be Riviera but they are as rare a pulling a supermodel down my local ( just have to settle for her sister lol ) but as Monster so rightly pointed out Blue IS the new black. Under consideration when looking was also speed yellow and guards red, both proper Porsche colours . We do seem to fall into three groups those that like the loud Porsche colours and those that like the safer grey/silver tone options, and then the" It must be black" group there is no denying that Black has great depth to the colour and is an aggressive colour. I love them all even Macadamia well ok only Macadamia in bright sunshine lol . Then there are the California azzuro and the orange ones, just so many lovely and some very rare colours. Only you know what colour car you want to live with so take you time and find the best condition one you can in or as near to the colour you want. :thumb:

Phil the Vertini Magic Concave look stunning. makes the car, then the colour Much love for this car. I'd go Ducktail or Aero rear spoiler. Perfection. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Thanks Boba, It did take a while to get used to the rear wing and if I changed it where would I put my coffee and bacon butty at the meets . a nice big carbon table on the back of your 911 what more do you need :floor: :floor: but your right a ducktail would look great on it. :thumb: :thumb:

MNC911 said:
Phil 997 said:

Phil... oh dear... why? It might be fast, but it still won't fly :salut: please tell me you haven't drilled that beautiful car :grin:

You will be pleased to know the whole engine lid and wing are carbon and no Porsche's were maimed or killed in the making of this Wing :floor: and the original lid is safely wrapped up with the other original stock parts inc. the stock exhaust. So if my attempt to be the Wright brothers fails it can all be put back to stock :grin: :grin: :thumb:

My son calls it my 'Saudi-spec' car but I gotta say I love it! Not sure if the red seat belts are visible in these shots.,.........

Attachments

• img_20161024_163351_639.jpg
    img_20161024_163351_639.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 3,875
  • img_20161024_163008_162.jpg
    img_20161024_163008_162.jpg
    797.1 KB · Views: 3,875
  • img_20161024_163108_180.jpg
    img_20161024_163108_180.jpg
    833.4 KB · Views: 3,875
Mine's seal grey which I love, blue would have been my preferred but none about when I was buying. There was a nice very milky coffee coloured one at the time in OPC Leeds with black Fuchs style wheels, it was an ex press car and I figured it wouldn't have been showed much love so moved on.

inchyra said:
My son calls it my 'Saudi-spec' car but I gotta say I love it! Not sure if the red seat belts are visible in these shots.,.........

Inchyra - it is very 'Middle East heat reflective spec' but very nice nevertheless!

On the matter of favourite colour, a really subjective question! Grey for me though mine is silver. I love black but lack the OCD nature to keep black tip top! :nooo:

I bought on spec/age/miles and condition, mainly spec as I was prepared to wait to get a specific spec. Maybe it's odd but the colour was not of primary importance to me, so it was more through luck that the car which did meet what I wanted was also one of the three colours I wanted.

My car is solid black- which has a very deep gloss and shine, a bit deeper than the metallic basalt black. It's a darker black (if that makes sense), and I love it. The black suits the 911 shape and size so much.

Black
Slate/Seal grey
GT Silver

Were the colours I would have bought in, any of the above.

Basalt Black on the 997 and Midnight Blue on the 996. I reckon the darker colours accentuate the curves more than the lighter shades...

Attachments

• 27a_177.jpg
    27a_177.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3,537
  • img_7328_1_158.jpg
    img_7328_1_158.jpg
    937 KB · Views: 3,537
Got to be riviera blue, if it's a GT car ...
997.2-GT3.jpg

8)

squelch said:
Basalt Black on the 997 and Midnight Blue on the 996. I reckon the darker colours accentuate the curves more than the lighter shades...

Agree, Basalt is one hell of a colour, really special, but its a hell of a colour to keep looking nice...

Just before tucking away...

the holy grail....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back