Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Vmax200 today (23.09.17)

Norfolk & Idea

Well. Went today and had a great day!

Nice to meet Imi and Ade. I saw 911tom's car but didn't get time to meet you.

Got a 196 at the trap which I was happy with!

Some absolutely amazing cars today....

Yes sorry we did not meet! Which car was yours? 196 is very respectable!!! I bet the car and braking felt better than you were expecting?

Hi Tom, yes, took a couple of runs before I realised the brake markers!

I was in a black 997.2 turbo, number 550 I think.... what an amazing day! A petrol heads dream!

Good to see you too bud, an awesome day :)

I persuaded them to allow me top put my GoPro in the ESMotor car on it's 2nd and final last run of the day

Nice one guys bit dark and very quiet in there, think it was the smell of concentration! Anything over 200 is excellent.
So what was the fastest speed on the day?

easternjets said:
Nice one guys bit dark and very quiet in there, think it was the smell of concentration! Anything over 200 is excellent.

Not sure, I think it was Emre of ES. 228mph rings a bell. Met Emre, really nice bloke. There were some amazing machines there.

Norfolk & Idea said:
easternjets said:

Not sure, I think it was Emre of ES. 228mph rings a bell. Met Emre, really nice bloke. There were some amazing machines there.

Emre wasn't there bud, think I was Iby you met... You're right though Emre is a really nice bloke lol

Ha ha, aaand ****head of the day goes to ..... ME!

Yeah, met Imi but was chatting to a couple of chaps with the ES beast. Nice fella's.

How long was the run, 1.2 miles?

997.1 turbo (9e 28)

Thanks to Ken and 9e for 206mph

I was at rev limiter at 7100 well before speed traps so 9e will set to 7400rpm next time ;). Should see up to 214mph :grin:

In race tune she's a sub 25 sec 0-300kph stock mezger engined manual turbo - just shows how far 9e VTG development has come on and continues to be developed further.

Lovely meeting all 911Uk members.

Re: 997.1 turbo (9e 28)

IMI A said:

I was at rev limiter at 7100 well before speed traps so 9e will set to 7400rpm next time ;). Should see up to 214mph :grin:

In race tune she's a sub 25 sec 0-300kph stock mezger engined manual turbo - just shows how far 9e VTG development has come on and continues to be developed further.

That is just superb mate. Your car is seriously quick!

This is something I want to have a go at next year, looks like great fun and a proper buzz.

Would like to see how the old girl does as well.

:thumb:

Re: 997.1 turbo (9e 28)

IMI A said:

Awesome video's guys and wow, what a difference running race fuel and map makes... really wish i ran myself now... next year i'm back on it... and after seeing this 100% need to try race fuel :D :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back