Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gundo & the neighbours

Les

So I'm outside cleaning the 997.2 this morning when my neighbour (Eric) from 2 doors down comes up to me and says 'I get woken by your car every day around 5:30".

'Sorry," I say 'I'll try to drive as gently as I can".

'On the contrary," says Eric, 'I think it sounds bloody lovely. I want you to give it the beans so I can hear it through the rev range... what you packing in there 350-375bhp..... '

Eric is 85 years old and still clearly a dude! :worship:

What a legend. Do him a favour and take him our for a spin and mount the Go pro to capture his expression. He'll love it

Btw do you have gundo and cross over or just gundo?

Les said:
So I'm outside cleaning the 997.2 this morning when my neighbour (Eric) from 2 doors down comes up to me and says 'I get woken by your car every day around 5:30".

'Sorry," I say 'I'll try to drive as gently as I can".

'On the contrary," says Eric, 'I think it sounds bloody lovely. I want you to give it the beans so I can hear it through the rev range... what you packing in there 350-375bhp..... '

Eric is 85 years old and still clearly a dude! :worship:

Thats great :thumb: my neighbours are like that and its a good job to, you wanna here an M3 V8 with Pipe mod on Cold start :lock:

:bow:

Nice story Les, I agree with FZP, sounds like your appreciative neighbour deserves a spin. :thumb:

Get him. Bottle of whiskey, that will sort him out!!! He'll be happy :grin:

J

Les great post and much love to Eric, BUT my big thought was what the hell are you doing going anywhere at that ridiculous time in the middle of the night . :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Les great post and much love to Eric, BUT my big thought was what the hell are you doing going anywhere at that ridiculous time in the middle of the night . :grin: :grin: :thumb:

I thought that too :floor:

Great story.... fair play to Eric!!

Great story Les and respect to Eric. Have to say though my advice to neighbors that complain about a noisey car would be to get a louder exhaust so you can't hear them complaining. Joke obviously... I'd just set fire to their house :D

Phil 997 said:

Its called work :-(. I have to travel all over for my job, so it's either an early train, flight or drive.

FZP said:

I've got both. The Gundo by itself is Ok but still a bit quiet for my liking (I'm used to the gundo on my 996.2 which only has 2 x 'boxes). So I added a cross pipe and it all sounds lovely again.

The video doesn't really do it justice, but the X-Pipe/Gundo sounds lovely.

996.2 with Gundo.

997.2 with Gundo

997.2 with X-Pipe & Gundo

Les said:
FZP said:

I've got both. The Gundo by itself is Ok but still a bit quiet for my liking (I'm used to the gundo on my 996.2 which only has 2 x 'boxes). So I added a cross pipe and it all sounds lovely again.

The video doesn't really do it justice, but the X-Pipe/Gundo sounds lovely.

996.2 with Gundo.

997.2 with Gundo

997.2 with X-Pipe & Gundo

Ok it definitely requires both to release the true 911 noise.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back