Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacing the Sat Nat Console with something more modern

why do you want wifi?

p.s. photobucket are a bunch of See You Next Tuesdays

resigner said:
why do you want wifi?

p.s. photobucket are a bunch of See You Next Tuesdays

Better quality audio as higher data transfer rate (lossless with wifi) which might also be better for future apps, no need to have bluetooth turned on all the time on my phone (wasting battery) or having to turn it on specifically when I get in the car.

So, I'm in the same boat and want a new head unit for my gen2 997. Are there any wifi connecting units yet?

Been to someone who knows their stuff earlier to check the latest and there are no wifi units yet, and they basically said, yes it would give a higher quality connection, but at the end of the day, you are in a car, so the ambient noise etc means it doesnt matter.

Latest options are

kenwood dmx7017dabs
Pioneer avh z5000dab

Personally, I liked the look of the Pioneer, but he Kenwood is also great looking and has everything you will want.

resigner said:
Been to someone who knows their stuff earlier to check the latest and there are no wifi units yet, and they basically said, yes it would give a higher quality connection, but at the end of the day, you are in a car, so the ambient noise etc means it doesnt matter.

Latest options are

kenwood dmx7017dabs
Pioneer avh z5000dab

Personally, I liked the look of the Pioneer, but he Kenwood is also great looking and has everything you will want.

Think i would go Kenwood out of those two. Can get Waze working on it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back