Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel Spacers -------------

Phil 997 said:
easternjets said:
Phil, obviously I've never had any of my cars lowered but I had a list of things to do and lowering was one of them.
To me lowering is purely an aesthetic exercise and cars that have been lowered do look stunning if done properly. Unfortunately I live in an area where my current standard set up seems to be catching the road and driveways to often so lowering by 20 mm is just going to make it 10 x worse, so for now, purely on practical grounds I'm leaving my car std except for the spacers which hopefully will be delivered today.

Aha Nick the great British road network is at fault ,that does make more sense now. yes theres no denying a lower car will catch the plastic under trim more regularly dependant on just how bad the roads are in your neck of the woods. but in all honesty the three plastic trim lips under the car that are usually what scrapes are only a few quid each to replace and that only when they get really tatty . its rarely your actual bumper or even the plastic undertray thats scraping 99% of the time its the three plastic flaps under the front :thumb: :thumb:

Indeed, it is, and lowering is not just style over substance as it does make a dramatic difference to the car if correctly applied.

I fully understand its a problem once lowered, as it will put you on edge with what you are going to ground out with. An Aero kit splitter is even worse and its a costly item to replace.

I think the looks and handling well out way the cost, So I'm in !! but you do need to factor this in......

Pictures before and after along with a picture of the spacers, I went with 7 mm front and 15 mm rear.

Attachments

• 20170922_150149_129.jpg
    20170922_150149_129.jpg
    681.2 KB · Views: 5,977
  • 20170922_150906_185.jpg
    20170922_150906_185.jpg
    829.3 KB · Views: 5,977
  • 20170922_150918_171.jpg
    20170922_150918_171.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 5,977
  • 20170922_153446_188.jpg
    20170922_153446_188.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 5,977
  • 20170922_153458_410.jpg
    20170922_153458_410.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 5,977
Looks good can you take it off the axle stands, let it settle and then take the pictures :thumb:

Yeah Yeah Boba, it's okay to lower your car when it never leaves the driveway but for us guys in the real world compromises have to be made!!

:floor: :floor: :floor: That's what I like on here a bit of friendly banter :thumb:

easternjets said:
Yeah Yeah Boba, it's okay to lower your car when it never leaves the driveway but for us guys in the real world compromises have to be made!!

:floor:

So ***** true Nick. So ***** true.
:thumb:

easternjets said:

:thumb: just fv+king with Ya !!

It is a great improvement, Only today I played with my V8, I got another 7mm width, from an already stanced M3 before it arched out !!

Devil is in the detail !!

CarreraMonkey said:
easternjets said:

So ***** true Nick. So ***** true.
:thumb:

This is off the drive !!.... they do look and drive better dropped :bye: :thumbs:

What did you lower with Boba H&R or Eibach ?

I've been tempted to get a turbo :?:

easternjets said:

wildej said:
What did you lower with Boba H&R or Eibach ?

I've been tempted to get a turbo :?:

Mine are Eibachs I think, they are Blue !!

Get a Turbo you won't regret it :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

All joking aside my spacers and bolts came from a seller on ebay, he was very helpful and sent them out same day and they arrived this afternoon by DPD.
£130 all in I think is pretty good compared to Design 911 who were best part of £300.
The company is Tech_world_direct on ebay.

Boba's idea of showing us he drives his car is to show it parked out side of a laboratory! only in Boba world!

easternjets said:
Boba's idea of showing us he drives his car is to show it parked out side of a laboratory! only in Boba world!

:floor: :floor: :floor: Bobaworld that made me chuckle :grin: :grin:

easternjets said:
All joking aside my spacers and bolts came from a seller on ebay, he was very helpful and sent them out same day and they arrived this afternoon by DPD.
£130 all in I think is pretty good compared to Design 911 who were best part of £300.
The company is Tech_world_direct on ebay.

It has been many places, the first year I had it, albeit just mildly tuned, I did 5k miles, Euro trip, car shows etc, since then I have spent a few bob on it, over £15k, and its mint, I dont use it much now mainly because I have other cars to use be honest, so don't shoot me down, but I do like a Mint 997.

That will change for next year though :bye: :thumb:

Thanks all for your replies, I think I'm gonna stick with 7mm and 15mm, don't fancy having any gravel rash, also don't wanna lower my car as there are road bumps everywhere all though all my cars previous were lowered on Bilsteins with H&R springs but with this car I m not sure but in the long run knowing me I probably end up doing it cos it bloody looks good etc.. but that will be another thread :lol:

Now next question is for these 7mm and 15mm hubcentric spacers which are of best quality or as good should I says I will need the bolts, is there a company that maybe does a kit, anyone with links?

Cheers guys...

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back